Monitors

2 Bronze

Dell UP2715K now in 5K@60Hz with latest OS X update

You can finally truly enjoy your monitor at full 5K and 60Hz under OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite. Nothing to do, just install, if you have a supported Mac (I suppose Mac Pro (late 2013) correctly plugged (2 mDP, one above the other).  Time to update this topic 

Replies (11)
Community Manager
Community Manager

"You can finally truly enjoy your monitor at full 5K and 60Hz under OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite."

Based on a release statement by Apple itself? If not, list the specific hardware and software you tested.

2 Bronze

Based on my Dell UP2715K and my Mac Pro (late 2013) becoming suddenly readable after applying the update.

Reported correctly as 5120*2880, 60Hz on the OSD.

HiDPI mode kicked in automatically.

Now it’s beautiful.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Which one is yours?

MacBook Pro = Intel HD4000 GPU, Thunderbolt port
MacBook Pro with Retina Display = Two Thunderbolt ports, HDMI port

2 Bronze

None.

Just wrote: Mac Pro (Late 2013), you know about it? 6 Thunderbolt ports, HDMI port.

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Community Manager
Community Manager

Never heard of it.

2 Bronze

If you could update the topic about supported computer, it would be nice.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am glad that it works, but it is not in our tested devices list.

2 Bronze

Actually, I updated to and reinstalled 10.10.3 on Mac Pro(2013 late) still not work on 5K resolution. The OSD show 5120 x 2880 @ 60HZ. But the OS screen setting only show 2560 x 1440(no more two monitors detected in 10.10.2) no higher resolutions can be selected. What is the problem with my OS 10.10.3?

2 Bronze

My Mac Pro model is 6-core and D500, I have tried both DP cables plug into separate TB buses (TB bus 1 and bus 2), but it still not work on 5K. Please check my setup is correct or not, thanks a lot.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk9u4kBk

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions
comment leaving this incase mobile wants to be turned on again