Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2013 09:00

U3014 ghosting problem.

Hi,

I'm thinking that the u3014 sooner or later and saw many thread regard fixs from A01 to A03 especially by Chris. (Hey Chris you seem that a celebrity in the world.). So, my question is that,
1. When going to be fixed the ghosting problem? any ETA or activity now?
2. Is it possible can be fixed by firmware update if I buy a Rev. A03? (means that self upgrade through USB or so.)
3. Can we now buy Rev 03 of U3014 from retail?(Especially Dell official web site?) 

Please reply a information for us.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 4th, 2013 12:00

Mitchell Lee,

Ghosting? I do not see that on the list of U3014 issues we are addressing. I see:
* USB 3.0 charging (Fixed with A01)
* Random color temperature shifts (Fixed with A02)
* H-lines (Fixed with A03)

No, A03 is only available from the service centers via a used exchange. We are not going to allow customer flashing of the firmware.

22 Posts

September 4th, 2013 19:00

First, got these which more concrete and simple answer.
1. About revision product, I see current status how handle latest revision for now. Then as you mentioned that before in other article, Dell start(or scheduled) to sell latest revision from October when company ready? Am I correct?

2. Regarding the 'ghosting', as the link below and from my experience of A02, there was ghost scrolling issue which image overlapped when scroll screen. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1754377  (from the link please find a cube image on center of the web page for more obvious explaination/case).
Are you people internally recognize this issue?
When you going to start to address this issue? (Are you?? If not, please address this issue as well. since this annoy user while using entire monitor life span which means, keep re-consider/blame about the 'Dell' everytime watching monitor). I hope that make Revesion A04 with the fix before you seel the latest revision in retail.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 5th, 2013 06:00

Dell employees are banned from that site. Post a youtube video of your monitor doing the ghosting.

22 Posts

September 5th, 2013 06:00

Huh? No access authority? howcome?

- Can't you access that page which is public access?(no need any authority to see maybe except IP block).

- For now, no U3014 on me since I have used only for few days 2 weeks ago. So no movie clip possible from me.

So taht's why I'm telling you the web page,

if you cannot access the public page,

I'll scrap it for you to help as PDF, doc, mht whatever you want.

Which way do you want?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 5th, 2013 08:00

For some reason they do not want Dell employees posting out there. DOC is cool.

22 Posts

September 5th, 2013 18:00

As for record, I have sent you the materials which the web page scrap.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 6th, 2013 07:00

Forwarded to the team.

22 Posts

September 10th, 2013 11:00

Erm....any update...?(too early?)

Or...are you gonna post it later in whenever arrives the reply from the team who recieve the note?

or should I ask you later around in September?

Which one would like to go? (Since may ppl waiting for fixed/perfect U3014 eventhough now really messed up with)

No Events found!