Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2013 22:00

U3014 many problems

Hi,

Got this monitor a few days ago but have many problems with it (REV A01 - FEB 2013).

First of all I got this problem http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19502072/20345874.aspx

Some flashing horizontal lines appears after I turn on the PC. Not all the time, but have seen this twice now. Similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BMLE5w5fo
It fades away after 5 to 10 minutes when it happens.

Sometimes the monitor goes black (no image) after a reboot or just starting the PC. To fix it I have to power off the monitor by pulling the cable as the power on/off button doesn't work in this case. Then I can turn on the monitor again and it will work.

Sometimes out of nowhere the monitor just goes black - it's not off put no picture. I have to pull the power plug to get the monitor back on.

I tried the monitor in a dual monitor setup where it also went black and the second monitor went from secondary monitor to primary monitor. So that doesn't work either.

Power off the PC doesn't put the monitor in power off mode. It just goes black and is dead/locked - but still on. I can't use the power button or the menu when that happens.

Accessing the menu only works about 30% of the time. Usually nothing happens when I press it. I have to unplug the power first before I can access the menu when it goes dead and only sometimes that will work.

My question is - what are the chances if I return the monitor to get a new one that all these problems are gone?

PC, windows 7 64bit, 2x Nvidia Titan, using DVI cable that comes with the monitor.

1 Message

May 19th, 2013 13:00

Hi, 

I have somewhat similar issues with my new U3014. I don't have the issue with the flashing horizontal lines, but I experience the exact same issues with none working menu and sometime the monitor goes black. I have changed motherboard and graphic card, but I still experience the issues.  

PC, Windows 7 x64, Nvidia 660 (latest drivers) using the DVI cable.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 20th, 2013 08:00

Peter32, L_Enna

Did you buy the monitor directly from Dell?

4 Posts

May 20th, 2013 09:00

No, through a retailer.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 20th, 2013 11:00

"No, through a retailer."

Easiest route is to have the retailer exchange it.

The long route is this -
* Go here and fill out the service tag transfer form
* Once completed ( 10 business days), you would then contact Dell Technical Support to initiate the monitor exchange

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 04:00

I got it exchanged to a REV 01A - April 2013. All problems on this unit has been fixed except the "scanline" problem which prevent me for doing any pro work on this monitor. So this will also be going back.

As I know one has been going through 4 exchanges already and still haven't recieved a unit that works, I would really like to spare myself for that. So if you have any information on when a fix might be ready I would know when to return it.

No Events found!