Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

19 Posts

August 9th, 2022 04:00

Dell S6000-ON CPLD crash/fail?

Hello, I noticed a weird issue with S6000-ON dell switches ( I am using OS9.14(2.14) with the correct flash and FPGA version). After inserting multiple QFSP+ transceivers of various kinds (MMF, SMF) CPLD crashes and stops showing the correct current transceiver inventory and "transceiver" specs. The only fix at that point is to reload the switch and hope it fixes it (sometimes I first have to remove all transceivers and then reload). During reload I noticed it shows "CPLD read failed" error as well. Tried testing various combinations of transceivers and then slowly adding one by one and checking when it fails, which it does at some point after enough transceivers are inserted. I have 4 x S6000-ON and all of them present this issue. The switches themselves work and perform regular "packet switching" but it won't show correct inventory or transceiver specs. 

Tried:

- Different previous OS versions

- Different transceivers

- Upgrading FPGA (to the same version)

I don't see this issue with S6010-ON for example (it does have different hardware after all). Did anyone else experience any similar issues with S6000-ON?

• 

3.3K Posts

August 9th, 2022 08:00

Hello AndriusLi,

Could you post me pictures of the various transceivers in use, showing the label,  and I can check if they are validated on the S6000?

19 Posts

August 9th, 2022 23:00

They are not, but they are "dell compatible" on the switch OS and they work on other switches including dell S6010-ON. I did try a bunch of them also and it seems odd that the whole CPLD just crashes.

• 

3.1K Posts

August 10th, 2022 02:00

Hi @AndriusLi,

It would be best to check for compatibility. Reference: https://dell.to/3p99UBC. If you do have the Dell DPN# let us know, we'll probably need to check and verify. 

No Events found!