Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

12 Posts

November 6th, 2022 02:00

Put Redundant Port-Channel in Standby in S5248F OS10

Hi,

We have a redundant vlt port channel. We are trying to put the redundant one on standby. But all I found online is for OS9 on 10 gig ports. 

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/dell-emc-os-9/s3048-on-9.14.2.5-config-pub/configure-redundant-pairs?guid=guid-5c2c147b-540a-4ee4-9011-0a3352b9fd60&lang=en-us

Does OS10 on S5248F have standby vlt port-channel options? 

• 

3.6K Posts

November 6th, 2022 19:00

12 Posts

November 7th, 2022 23:00

Young,

Thanks for the quick response. But it didn't answer my questions.

Basically, we would like to have a hot standby port channel. Our existing architecture consists of 2-Dell S5248F operating as a Layer 2 switch in VLT with 2 port channels (2 port channels in 2 switches with 1 port in each switch formed each port-channel respectively.). The connections are cross-connected upstream to 2 Juniper SRXs (The SRXs are in a cluster).

The link in my first post has the hot standby port-channel configuration for switches running OS9 with 10G interfaces only. But I never found anything that OS10 has that function. 

Since the other side of the SRX is running in L3 mode, I believe the spanning-tree Rapid-PVST+ is not useful in this case. Therefore, the standby port-channels would be a better option. Does the OS10 have that feature?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

November 8th, 2022 08:00

Hello @MorgoW,

Sorry, but I haven't seen this configuration on an OS10. It seems there are no public articles about this configuration. I suggest you to wait for another community member who configured a similar environment for having more information.

Regards.

12 Posts

December 3rd, 2022 23:00

Diego,

We can't wait for someone else to get published for the solution. By the way, OS10 doesn't seem to have the same standby port-channel feature as OS9. The "switchport standby" option is not available in OS10. Is it possible to forward this question to technical support, please? Does the OS10 actually have this feature?

Thank you.

• 

3.6K Posts

December 4th, 2022 19:00

Since the other side of the SRX is running in L3 mode, I believe the spanning-tree Rapid-PVST+ is not useful in this case. Therefore, the standby port-channels would be a better option. Does the OS10 have that feature?

: no such feature in OS10 Firmware.

12 Posts

December 4th, 2022 22:00

Addition: Although the SRX side is running L3, the ports are in a Reth interface using LACP EtherChannel. I believe the Rapid PVST+ will have effect on faster convergence. Any other thoughts?

• 

3.1K Posts

December 5th, 2022 01:00

Hi @MorgoW,

Well, since OS10 doesnot have port channel standby, perhaps RPVST+ would be a better choice. But though, I suggest to contact support to check on your network topology and your network needs so we can proper provide better advice to your configuration, what do you think?

12 Posts

Can you provide me the support link, please?

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

Hello @MorgoW,

If your switch is still in warranty. You can open a case with phone support and they might check on your network topology and your network needs so we can proper provide better advice to your configuration.

Regards.

No Events found!