Networking, Internet, & Bluetooth

Last reply by 03-25-2016 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 15R(5521) Drivers for Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 Windows 10/64-bit

Hey there!
Please suggest me drivers for my wireless adapter Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230.

PC:
DELL Inspiron 15R(5521)
Intel Core i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90GHz    2.40GHz & 8GB RAM
Windows 10-Pro/64-bit 

I must add that first i upgraded my previous windows(W8.1 to W10 pro and everything worked seamlessly(including wireless adapter) until i did a clean install of W10 pro.....everything is working fine except the adapter.

Also tried the drivers from manufacturer's site(DELL)....but no driver is listed for my adapter.I even tried the ones that are listed i.e Dell Wireless 1703/1705/1901 & Dell Wireless 1704 but none of them worked.Also gave a try to the drivers provided by Intel...but didnt work out.

Well....seems the driver is not out yet or i'm missing the correct one.
However when i search drivers for a different OS(like W8.1)...my adapter driver is enlisted......so sud i revert back to W8.1 for now or just wait for the new drivers............!!!!!!

Plz reply ASAP

(:CHEERS:)

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hey mate!

I can understand ur problem......but nah no one even bothers to reply!!! ***!

Well....I sorted out the things on my own!!!

what I did?

Again I did a clean install of W10.....updated my drivers except the adapter ones!!!!

Instead of using the latest drivers I downloaded the drivers for Bluetooth and wifi for a diffenent OS like W8.......altho I wasn't convinced they r gonna work.....but anyways.....thought to give it a try!!!!
AND THIS FIXED IT ALL!!!!!

Drivers installed without any hassle!!!
AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE NOW!!!

Hope this helps u.

P.S.-Don't forget to say thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies (5)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have the exact same issue.  I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Inspiron 15R 5521 laptop.  Windows install went fine.  All drivers were said to be up to date.  Laptop is called out as compatible by Dell.  Now my network adapter keeps on resetting.  I will be on Wifi and internet connected fine, and all of a sudden, my internet connection will say limited and I will lose my connection.  Other times, my network adapter will shut off (I think), and when I look for wifi connections, nothing will show up.  I'll run network diagnostics, and sometimes it will resolve.  When I run driver diagnostics on Dell website, it says all drivers are up to date, yet Windows at times will say I have a driver issue.  ?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hey mate!

I can understand ur problem......but nah no one even bothers to reply!!! ***!

Well....I sorted out the things on my own!!!

what I did?

Again I did a clean install of W10.....updated my drivers except the adapter ones!!!!

Instead of using the latest drivers I downloaded the drivers for Bluetooth and wifi for a diffenent OS like W8.......altho I wasn't convinced they r gonna work.....but anyways.....thought to give it a try!!!!
AND THIS FIXED IT ALL!!!!!

Drivers installed without any hassle!!!
AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE NOW!!!

Hope this helps u.

P.S.-Don't forget to say thanks!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

It is people like you that make and rock this community forum.

A million thanks to you for this. I have been searching for this for 2 weeks now!

Saviour! Bravo!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Have you solved the issue?  I'm having the same difficulty and still no Windows 10 drivers from Dell to fix it.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

yeah....just use the drivers provided by dell for W8.1/8.They work just fine :D

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor