Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2014 13:00

(redirected) The tech support for Dell is abysmal.

I obtained an Alienware M14x in late May, 2013. A few months in, about 3 pixels burned out and a USB port stopped functioning. Instead of just replacing the parts and sending it back to me, they send me a brand-new, top-of-the-line 4th gen Alienware 14. It was but a curse in disguise. 4 months into the use of this Alienware 14, I noticed that the Ethernet port (which I never use) wasn't working when the only option of connection at a certain location was Ethernet. So, here I am, on 6/17/14, calling them, and they are saying that the computer is out of warranty, which is silly because with a new computer comes a new warranty. I shall attempt to have my money refunded, and replace my gaming machine with another manufacturer. I've heard some MSI computers are pretty good...

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 17th, 2014 15:00

I obtained an Alienware M14x in late May, 2013. A few months in, about 3 pixels burned out and a USB port stopped functioning. Instead of just replacing the parts and sending it back to me, they send me a brand-new, top-of-the-line 4th gen Alienware 14. It was but a curse in disguise. 4 months into the use of this Alienware 14, I noticed that the Ethernet port (which I never use) wasn't working when the only option of connection at a certain location was Ethernet. So, here I am, on 6/17/14, calling them, and they are saying that the computer is out of warranty, which is silly because with a new computer comes a new warranty. I shall attempt to have my money refunded, and replace my gaming machine with another manufacturer. I've heard some MSI computers are pretty good...

Argentius

That is incorrect.

When a Dell computer is replaced with a new one under warranty, it does not come with a new warranty, it assumes the existing warranty from the computer being replaced, including the warranty's expiry date.

If you want more information about this, it is best to post this in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

No Events found!