Optiplex Desktops

Last reply by 11-24-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Error 3,4

help!! my pc throws error 34 after a while of being on and I have already changed the rams several times and I can't find the solution, I wanted to know if that error could be due to another reason maybe?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
7 Thorium

Error 34 is not a RAM problem. It is either misconfigured system files or hardware that may not be plug and play compatible and is misconfigured. This page has more information.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

View solution in original post

Replies (8)
7 Thorium

Error 34 is not a RAM problem. It is either misconfigured system files or hardware that may not be plug and play compatible and is misconfigured. This page has more information.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100

I still have the same problem, my PC shuts down unexpectedly and the 3 4 LEDs stay on and the PC restarts and keeps rebooting. everything was fine until I turned off the pc and then I used it again and the problem happened again

B1D58C5B-C61E-42A6-ADE5-1FD31ED3803A.jpeg

Your post was somewhat misleading, or I misunderstood. You stated an error 34 but that is much different than the 3 and 4 lights staying on. Also could you please post the exact model of your system. And please confirm, is it an error 34 or the 3 and 4 lights on

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

my bad explanation, excuse me, my problem is leds 3 and 4. my pc is an optiplex 380 with windows 7 64bits 4gb ram processor core 2 duo

Dear Moderator, I do have the same problem, my desktop pc model is: Dell Optiplex 780, error code: error codeerror code 

I chose this picture taken by another forum member because after getting this code and beeping sounds I turned my pc off and on again and it started working properly but I'm afraid it will happen again. I know that it says in the forum that this problem has been solved but I cannot find the solution anywhere. Thank you very much in advance for your kind assistance.

Sorry for the delay in replying and by now you may have experienced no further problem. But 3 and 4 indicate a memory issue. I would suggest reseating the RAM to see if the problem clears. If not pull all the RAM and see if you get a different diagnostic code. If you get a different code such as a 1 then reinstall the RAM modules one at a time to see if the 3 and 4 code reappears. If so then it quite probably is a bad RAM module.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor