Hello community. I hope an expert on PERC BIOS CONFIGURATION can give me a hand...
This is the current situation:
1) When the server boots, it cannot find the boot disk...
2) Within the configuration utility, I have a Foreign configuration where all the physical drives are online, except for 2 on rebuild.
3) It lost the 2 the virtual disks !
4) All the physical disks show a state of foreign.:
5) I try to import the foreign config to create the 2 virtual disks
6) When I try to import the Foreign config, I get a warning message that states:
Please attach All the physical disks. This is an irreversible process!
Note: offline virtual disks cannot be imported!
7) I go ahead, and get an error:
ERROR! Foreign config import 8 out of 8 failed to import !
controller has data in cache for offline ...
I've read the PERC H710P manual, and I don't find an answer to this issue. I do not want to loose the data on the physical drives. I know I'm missing something. Maybe the REBUILD status drives are bad, and need to be replaced before it will allow me to import the foreign config?
Thank you in advance for your help!
I replaced the physical discs with a rebuild flag. It updated the foreign configuration for the physical disk position as MISSING ... The new disks showed on the virtual disk page as ready... Since the Foreign config now shows missing disks, I removed the new disk and replaced it with the original ones, so the foreign configuration shows for those positions REBUILD. This move did not help. Is ANYBODY experienced with these PERC configurations? A nudge on the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
It looks like you have preserve cache that need to be clear since import foreign has failed: https://dell.to/3reVxMT
But, it seems data is important to you, I suggest seeking help from 3rd party data recovery vendor to retrieve your data with full back up.
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!