PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 11-16-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

Dell Platform Update Iso encryption password fails

I used Dell EMC Repository Manager to create my ISO for my t320.  It asks for the encryption password, and I enter what I configured it to, and it fails and reboots.  Is this not the password that I set up while using the program?  Is there a default password?

Replies (13)

Droidus91,

There isn't a default, It would be the password you configured when you set it up. I don't recall ever being prompted to do that when making an ISO though.

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I've recently had the same issue after creating a platform ISO using Repository Manager. I used the password set when configuring Repository Manager, but it didn't work.

Here looking for a solution also.

No such thing as default passwords.  Re-ISO configuration is needed.

DELL-Young E
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Can you elaborate? What password should we be using?

I've recreated the ISOs multiple times. At no point during creation does it ask for a password/passphrase to be set or entered.

I've used the password set when I installed DRM, but that doesn't work. 

I had the same issue tried the database password then it would say incorrect and reboot. Turns out it's more secure than I could have imagined. Lucky the password is universal. Just press enter. Yeah, seriously when it says enter the password it means it. 

TLDR: No password just press enter key.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

No password, just press ENTER key in order to continue.....

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I had the exact same issue when using DRM to create a standard platform bootable ISO for the R730.

Leaving the password field blank and pressing ENTER resolved the issue for me as well.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

When I press ENTER without a password or the wrong password, DSU reboots.

If you did not setup a password, it will be blank aka just press enter.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor