PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 05-26-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

ReadyRails B3 Cable Management Arm Inner Bracket Part #?

Can anyone help me locate a part number or source for the bracket that attaches to the inner rail on the ReadyRails B3 Set?

I want to attach a Cable Management Arm.  My rails have the outer connection point (built in) but not the detachable inner connection point.

The first 2 images came from this YouTube Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKCby9GvQfU)

Replies (9)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sean,

What system model is this for? I don't believe the part can be ordered individually but I'll be happy to check for you.

Thanks,

Dell PowerEdge R510 with ReadyRails B3.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sean,

It looks like the individual bracket isn't available separate from the arm itself. I could only find it listed as a single unit.

So if this part is lost or broken Dell expects the customer to repurchase a $150 set rails instead of Support being able to provide direct access to this part that should cost $5?

I just bought a **bleep** ton of servers, cable managmenet, and rails only to find out that all the rails lack the inner bracket. What kind of **bleep**ty racket are you trying to run here Dell? Now **bleep** am I suppose to do with this stack of useless cable arms?

**bleep** won't you let us give you our money and buy the **bleep** brackets that should have been in the boxes to begin with.

So is there really no way to get this part?
I just got off the phone with Dell and they said they didn't have a bracket for the R420 cable arm.

Not as far as I can tell... (and I've searched and called and done everything I could think of).  Why over a $5 part when you can make your customers buy a $100 assembly?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

@begleysm:  I need those same "CMA attachment brackets" that you're having trouble finding!  Any luck since you first created this discussion?

I spoke to Business Customer Support and they're "researching it" and will email me the part number.  After reading this thread I'm not expecting an email back.

No, I never did get a satisfactory solution.  I wish you the best of luck, but I don't have high hopes for you being able to find that part.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions