Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2022 03:00

DELL TL2000 DRIVE WARN OR CRIT TAPE ALERT

Hi, 

Since I update the version of veritas to a more recent one, the tape booth is continuously issuing messages of dive warn or crit tape alert and veritas marks the tapes as withdrawn.

Device      : <FLX15D48F@es.gestamp.com>

Attention : Drive Warn or Crit Tape Alert flag

Event Code:                      0x84 - tape alert

Element number:                  0x16, 22

Drive number:                    0x01, 1

Tape Alert Flag:                 0x04, 4

This message was generated automatically from

IBM      3573-TL        

can you help me??

Thank you

• 

3.3K Posts

May 20th, 2022 13:00

Hello sahernandez98,

This may help : https://dell.to/3sOvVHP

You should be able to view the Inventory of the library via the RMU to determine which tape is "bad". Remove that tape from the library and that should clear out the Media Attention

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

May 19th, 2022 03:00

Hola @sahernandez98,

You can try to reset the TL2000 back to factory settings and see if that fixes your barcode issue.  If it doesn’t then you will need to replace the chassis as the barcode reader is part of a chassis replacement.

Regards.

May 19th, 2022 07:00

Hi

I do it the reset with option "Configure Library" - " Save/Restore" and the library send me the same error. 

Do you want the dump file? 

thank you

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

May 19th, 2022 08:00

Hello @sahernandez98,

This might be caused by a hardware error and indeed a dump file analysis would be required. Is the TL2000 still in warranty?

If it still not in warranty you will need to contact your country phone support and ask for an out of warranty quote.

Regards.

May 19th, 2022 09:00

Hi

TL2000 isn't in warranty . The support tell me that if i write in the support you can offer me the piece that i needed. 

Thank you

• 

8.4K Posts

May 19th, 2022 09:00

Sahernandez98,

We need to get a service dump log from the system, and a drive dump log from the tape drives before going forward. In most cases it is old media or the drive may need to be cleaned, but we really need logs to know for sure.

What I suggest is that you upload those logs to upload. dell. com and then private message Diego and myself the svc tag you used to upload, so that we may locate and retrieve the logs.

May 19th, 2022 10:00

How i can send you the dump files, i try to send you with a private message but the web show me that is not compatible with format .trc and .bin

How i can send you?

Thank you

• 

8.4K Posts

May 19th, 2022 11:00

You would need to upload them to the dell upload page, found here.

After you upload the logs then you will need to private message Diego and I the service tag you used to upload them.

May 19th, 2022 12:00

ok, i send you tomorrow because the web page is with service unavailable

thank you

May 19th, 2022 23:00

Hi

i only can upload the library dump because the web page show me a message that the extension of drive dump is no compatible. The files .bin i can't upload

thank you

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

May 20th, 2022 07:00

Hello @sahernandez98

Please, change the file extension from the .bin file to something accepted by the tool (like .trc which is what you just sent) and then try again to upload it.

Please, let us know.
Regards.

May 20th, 2022 10:00

i upload the drive dump right now 

thank you 

• 

8.4K Posts

May 20th, 2022 12:00

Sahernandez98,

I just retrieved the log, and wanted to confirm if you're trying to do a restore, or does it error when you're trying to do a backup?

Let me know.

Hi

I did the restore. The dump files is after this restore 

Thank you

but whenever it launches these alerts, the backup exec program marks them as withdrawn, why? I also have the cabin as media attention? what do you recommend then? to erase all the contents of the tapes and start from scratch?

No Events found!