Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2022 12:00

Dell scv2080 dead controllers

Hello everyone,

I have Dell scv2080 storage, which has been stopped working, When I checked it out, I founded both controllers stop working and almost dead.

I cannot access management port via management center, and without any ping via cmd.

The storage consist of 28 sas disks without any issues and in healthy status.

I purchased  new controller and I had replaced it with the dead one.

Can some one helps and guides me for the best and professional procedures and configuration to restore and recover previous RAID settings and other configurations and operations to save the data which stored in the hard disk, or to resume working as previous posture.

Thanks

13 Posts

June 26th, 2022 03:00

If your goal to get data out, you don't need to revive your san  storage and buy new parts.

Take drives out, make images and let professional data recovery labs do the work. SCV compellent systems is pretty easy to handle. 1st lever is hardware raid, 2nd level is logical block translation. All the necessary info stored in meta area of hard drives. If you need, i can guid you whois best in your area to help get data out.

• 

3.1K Posts

June 21st, 2022 20:00

Hi @I.T_Scv,

Unfortunately, there is no documentation for replacing both controllers at the same time, you may need to contact technical support to obtain guidance. https://dell.to/39GicfY

2 Posts

June 26th, 2022 14:00

Thank you very much, Please let me know if there are any professional recovery lab in my area.

13 Posts

June 26th, 2022 23:00

Check private message. 

No Events found!