Precision Fixed Workstations

Last reply by 12-01-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Precision 7820 - TPM update to version 2.0 failed: Blocked by TPM FW Policy

Hi all,

Sorry to raise the same topic again, but haven't found any solution for that yet.
My problem is that I'm trying to update my TPM to version 2.0. But I'm getting still message that the firmware update failed, because of FW (likely firmware) policy.

Before I started, I verified everything if my PC is eligible/compatible for that update, which looks that YES, it is:
Dell Precision 7820 Tower
Motherboard: Dell 0G7W4R (version A00)
Chipset: Intel 621 (Lewisburg-1G) PCH
CPU: Intel Xeon Gold 6134 (Skylake-SP)
Current BIOS version: (latest possible): 2.26.1 (08/21/2022)

What I tried:
- to update BIOS first to latest possible version (which I red as recommendd action) and update my TPM using versions: DellTpm1.2_Fw1.3.2.8_V1_64 and also V3_64
- to downgrade BIOS to version: 2.14.0 and then used the same TPM firmwares to update TPM version
- I checked that TPM is not owned by the OS
- I ensured that TPM is enabled
- checked that I'm booting from UEFI
- disabled automatic TPM provisioning at and after OS boot
- I set BIOS password
- I cleared TPM via BIOS and also in Windows (via TPM console)
- tried to boot with and without Secure Boot
- red a lot of discussions regarding that topic, so looks like some component does not support that, but which one ???

Basically, nothing fixed it.

So my question is, is there anything else I'm not aware about, which is preventing my PC from TPM update?
Should I i.e. change my disk to GPT mode? Or maybe my motherboard generation does not support it?
Any information will be appreciated as I would like to sort it out.
Don't know history of my PC as it is from ebay, but looks as from trusted seller.

Thanks all for information.

Replies (4)

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

I have posted service tag in private message. Let me know if you need anything. I can provide you with my contact if needed.

Thanks.

Apologies! We're unable to fetch any information using the detail shared. Could you recheck and send us the system Service Tag for assistance? How to find the Tag: https://binged.it/2VszAO9

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

Hello,

Yes I understand that, because you could not identify my Dell machine by my tag, as it wasn't found in your system, because my machine was re-sold some different way.

Whatever, thanks for all your support.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor