Precision Mobile Workstations

Last reply by 08-23-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Copper
1 Copper

Precision 3551 and Nvidia Quadro 620

We got 2 DELL Precision 3551, for my partner and me. We have been getting BSOD crashes for a while. My partner's laptop starts a little earlier than mine. We are architects and we work with programs dedicated mostly to drawing and 3d applications. But now, the problem on both computers is unsustainable, we can't work that way.  We already tried updating the drivers, formatting the computer, changhing Global Presets and Preferred graphics processor on NVIDIA Control Panel, nothing works. Some things give us a little more time (hours), but eventually the BSOD crashes always come back.

Replies (4)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I bought the same dell precision 355 with nvidia quadro 620 last year, it overheats horribly, freezes when I try to use the CAD program or some 3d architects programs, it imminently gets hot, stops working with comes up with a blue screen. I think this model has some problems. now I am waiting for dell support to fix the issue, but now I really hope Dell replaces to another model! I really get disappointed with this model.

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can follow @dellcares and start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

To provide the best of our support, start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to help you.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I had the same problem using this laptop in combination with solidworks.  2 computers at my organization (same model) had the same driver related failure.

What fixed it in the end was installing the Nvidia driver from the dell site (even though this is not current)

"NVIDIA GeForce MX130/MXx50/9x0MX and NVIDIA Quadro Px20/P600 Graphics Driver"

scroll down to "Manually find a specific driver..." and you should see it listed there.

Support for Precision 3551 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell Canada

Note that windows update or any other nvidia updater may then change this driver at some point - which happened to me once and then the issue will flare up again.  Disable those auto update settings if possible and just reinstall this package and then back to normal again.

Good luck!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor