Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

33 Posts

June 28th, 2022 18:00

Precision 7560 and XPS 9520 with AX210/AX211 not showing/connecting to 6GHz networks

I recently bought a new Asus 6E (6GHz) router, and I have four newer laptops with Intel AX210 and AX211 wireless cards installed, all running Windows 11 or Windows 10 Professional.  Two of those computers, XPS 9520 and Precision 7560, have OEM installed AX210/AX211 adapters.

None of my computers can see the 6GHz network.   I know the network is broadcasting because my S21 Ultra can see and connect to the 6GHz band.  I've tried the latest Dell driver 22.130.0.5 and latest Intel driver 22.140.0.3, and neither of them can see the 6GHz network.

In my search for help, I found this post Solved: ax210 window 10 21h2 not showing 6GHz networks - Intel Communities and tried the recommended older 22.45.1.1 driver and it worked.  

This doesn't seem like a hardware issue since my phone can connect to the 6GHz network, and my computers can connect to the network using the older driver.  It just doesn't see the 6Ghz network using any other version of the driver.

Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue according to other forums.  

• 

25K Posts

June 28th, 2022 18:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

33 Posts

June 30th, 2022 04:00

After eighteen messages back and forth with Dell so far, I'm really getting frustrated with incompetent support personnel.

So far, Dell's official response is that my systems do not support Wi-Fi 6E (6GHZ), meaning that the Precision 7560 was falsely advertised as having Wi-Fi 6E, and that the factory installed AX211 adapter in my XPS 9520 has had its 6GHz capability disabled. 

7560-1-1.jpegAX211.jpg

33 Posts

August 4th, 2022 14:00

It's been five weeks and Dell continues to tell me that the Precision 7560 does not support 6GHz although their specifications list it, and my product build sheet does as well.  

August 18th, 2022 13:00

Signed up to this forum for this exact issue.  Have an opti 7090UUF with upgraded with an AX211 (originally an AX201 and purchased last year).  Was told by Intel its compatible and by dell its not.  Intel stated Dell needs to update its compliance records to support the new card. Dell has yet to do so with my issue. 

1 Message

September 27th, 2022 20:00

Precision 5470 with AX211 and  Precision 3260 with AX211 both do not see 6GHz ssid with windows 11. Upgraded the driver to 22.160.0.4, also downgraded to 22.45.1.1 still do not see 6GHz. 

AX 210 works fine with HP, lenovo with win 11 and upgraded driver. This is first time with AX211 and Dell combination. Not sure it is Dell issue of AX211 issue. Any thought on this?

33 Posts

September 28th, 2022 12:00

I can't say for certain it is an issue with your adapter, however the issue with my Precision 7560 was that it was disabled in the BIOS by Dell.  I submitted a ticket on 29 June and Dell recently released BIOS version 1.15.2 on 21 September which finally enabled 6GHz.  The XPS 9520 does not, nor will not ever, support 6GHz according to Dell.

The dell specifications for your Precision 5470 clearly show Wi-Fi 6E (6Ghz) support, so I would contact Dell support.   For what it's worth, I'm again going through this with a new Precision 5570 which clearly shows Wi-Fi 6E (6Ghz) support.  

Dell maybe intentionally disabling 6GHz support on some computers until they can validate it, even though they advertise it.

41 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 15:00

Dell is known to release new Intel platform very quickly and they test it on users. Technical support on this forum is located in India (low cost). I suggest to buy Apple MBP 16 (W11 will be faster using virtualization on Apple ARM architecture than natively on Precision). In case of technical support Apple hire a lot of technicians they love what they do and have real knowledge about hardware/software eg. I spoke with a technician who was a chef in the past but his Apple product knowledge and problem solving approach was awesome. I have never met such professional approach at Dell. When Dell send us a technician to solve a battery problem he replaced a mainboard and forgot to align part of heatsink for MOSFETs. Also design flaws: in Precision 5540 there is steel bracket instead of plastic close to battery pins connector so it can cause a shortage (risk of fire) In case of Precision 7560 they also complicate assembly/disassembly process. Hopefully they fixed it in 7670. Ancient assembly process on production like in Lenovo and other brands. They even did not fix simple thing like TB charging port on the left and right side (I am using one cable not two). My collegaue from work wanted to use two ports but they changed port plug spacing LOL

October 13th, 2022 10:00

Were you able to get WiFi 6E working on the Precision 5570? I just received my new company laptop, which is a Precision 5570 and it's not seeing my 6Ghz network. It's the only 6Ghz device I currently have so I was excited to test out the new WiFi.

Copying everything from my old laptop right now and when that's done I'll reboot and check the BIOS settings.

33 Posts

October 13th, 2022 13:00

Unfortunately, I was not.   I still have a open support ticket and am being told that the next version wireless driver v22.170 due to be released by Dell on or about October 24th will enable Wi-Fi 6E.  I already tried the available Intel 22.170 driver, and it doesn't work so I'm not holding my breath that Dell's driver will work.  I'll probably be returning the system. 

1 Message

October 17th, 2022 08:00

Same issue with my new Precision 5570 trying to use with Netgear's Orbi WiFi 6E mesh system.  I was messing with this for a long time until I saw this thread.  Ridiculous Dell doesn't get this solved ASAP.  Fingers crossed next Monday's update that you mention does the trick.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 17th, 2022 09:00

There are several threads on this subject.  In one of those threads, where their system showed the same specs. as yours, Wi-Fi 6 only, the 6e option had been disabled.  Dell finally admitted it.

Why they do this with a capable Wi-Fi card, I can only guess, but possibly it is related to some restrictions of some country in which they also sell the unit.

33 Posts

October 20th, 2022 15:00

I just received an email from my tech support agent.  The original engineer assigned to my 5570 case was mistaken about the issue and replied that Wi-Fi 6E (6Ghz) is not supported by the Precision 5570 due to limitations with the Intel Management system and it doesn't look like there is a way to turn it on at present.

October 27th, 2022 06:00

Thanks for the update. I also have an open ticket but hadn't heard about the new driver. I'll keep looking for when it's available.

No Events found!