Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 28th, 2009 15:00

Dell 948 All-In-One (PRODUCT) RED™ Printer owners thread (W7)

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java 

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.(This printer can be used wirelessly if the printer has the wireless card)

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista(Try Vista SP2). Then install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 28th, 2009 15:00

Open the printer with the power on and remove the Dell Series 11 black ink cartridge and make sure the tape is off the cartridge, then reseat the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 11 color cartridge. Now when you close the printer, it should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black = Black side(left side)          Color = Color side(right side)

Photo = Black side(left side)         Color = Color side(right side)

Dell Series 11 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 11 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It possible to get a Dell Series 11 Cartridge with a bad sensor. Take back to place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

3 Posts

November 30th, 2009 08:00

Finally connected Windows 7 with my 948 All in One! When you recommended "disconnect the printer" I took the extra step to remove the wireless card (I added this after I purchased my printer) as well as unplugging the printer. Plugged both back in and voila! I can print in any app now. Thanks so much.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 1st, 2009 02:00

KathyWin7,

Glad you got it working. :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

January 14th, 2010 16:00

Hello, I got my daughter to help me with my printer. We did what you told us to do. I still don't get the all-in-one menu setting at all. Is there anything else  I can do to get the menu back.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 14th, 2010 17:00

wonderwoman,

In order to get the Dell All-In-One Center back is to reinstall the printer. Since we don;t know the make and mdoel of your computer and operating system, it makes thing a little tough.

The basics are...

Disconnect your printer. Download and run the patch to completely remove the printer. Restart when prompted.

Download and install ONLY the drivers you need. Sometimes the drivers just unzips and siuts there. If this happens, then look for setup.exe right click on it, then left click run as administrator(Do not need to do this for XP, just double click on setup.exe)

You should then see instructions to setup your printer. If using a USB Cable, then choose local. If using the wireless card, then choose network and follow the instructions. If you are using the printer as a wireless printer, you will need to set it up as the instructions tell you.

Rick

January 14th, 2010 23:00

Hello,

I have a Inspiron 530 model computer with a 32-bit Operating System.

No Events found!