Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2017 16:00

E514dw print function will not work; job spools but never prints

Dell E514dw print function just stopped working out of the blue.  This happened several months ago.

When a document is printed from the PC (Win10), it spools, disappears from the queue, and the LCD on the printer shows "Receiving Data".  BUT IT NEVER PRINTS.  It hangs there.  I have to completely shut down the printer to clear the memory.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver MULTIPLE times.  I've stopped and started the Spooler service.  I've started and restarted too many times to count.  I've done all the usual tricks.

I don't think it's an operating system or driver issue.  I think it's a printer issue.  I can't even print a test page from the onboard menu on the printer.

Any thoughts or clues?  I really appreciate it!

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

September 27th, 2017 10:00

I think it sounds like an issue with the printer (since test page from the menu doesn't work), but have you tried doing the test page after a fresh power down/on etc? Also, how is your computer connected to the printer?

Best regards,

Brad

September 28th, 2017 09:00

I just tried a fresh power down and test print... Unfortunately the printer just hangs on "Test Print... Printing", but nothing further happens.

Printer is connected via USB cable.

Thanks!

Kevin

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

September 28th, 2017 13:00

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for the updates, can you let me know if the printer is still in Warranty? Unfortunately it sounds like this might be hardware related, but I will also check on my side, just to make sure I am not missing anything. 

Best regards,

Brad

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 28th, 2017 17:00

Kevin,

Does the spooled print job print if you restart your computer?

Did you check your virus program and firewall?

Rick

1 Message

February 20th, 2018 12:00

exact same problem i experienced.  tried uninstall reinstalling driver.

Test page without USB connection or WITH cable would not print.

Often says "Receiving Data" and nothing happens

2 Posts

July 31st, 2019 07:00

Were you able to find a resolution? Experiencing the exact same issues described, exact same model of Printer.

Cant even print a configuration page. Just sits at "Receiving data". I've let it sit for 20+minutes. Rebooted and tried again. Same issue.

Thank you.

2 Posts

September 5th, 2019 22:00

exact same issue i have and i see no resolution here or searching it online. any any help?

1 Message

February 2nd, 2020 13:00

I am having the same exact problem. I tried just about everything to troubleshoot. If you find a resolution, please share.  

July 1st, 2020 07:00

I have the exact same problem with E514DW. The copier works but the printer is having problem. Test page stuck in Printing and anything else stuck in Receiving Data.

1 Message

October 27th, 2020 13:00

same issue, printer simply stopped printing, even test pg after a fresh reboot multiple times.

new printer less than a year old

1 Message

April 18th, 2021 20:00

I bought this printer sometime ago and just didn't work after a few months. I thought it was some other issue and haven't found time to fix it.

Now that i have sometime to look into it, it seems like its a printer issue.

Looks like this printer is a lemon. Where do we get support? What are the ways we can update the firmware? 

Someone please help...

1 Message

February 19th, 2022 20:00

Exact the same issue. Tried multiple different ways

Reinstall driver, restart computer, reset printer, power off and on, nothing works

1 Message

May 24th, 2022 10:00

I'm not sure if people still have this issue, but I just had this happen to me and a solution that worked for me was the following.

1. Unplug the USB cable and power cable from the printer.

2. Open your control panel and click on "Administrative Tools"

3. Open "Print Management"

4. Double click on "All Printers"

5. Check the "Jobs in Queue" column and right click and cancel on all printers that have a number in the Queue.

6. Plug back in the power and wait for the printer to start up.  Once the printer is fully on (it's done all its checks), plug in the USB and try printing something.

On my computer I found that I had two items in a print queue for a printer that was no longer connected to the network, once I cleared them etc. I was able to print from the printer again.

346 Posts

August 29th, 2022 00:00

Clear the Enable advanced printing features check box on the Advanced tab of the printer properties.
Create a print queue for the device, and test printing through the new queue.
Restart the Spooler service.
Update the printer driver to the latest version from the OEM. However, if the driver that's in use is already the latest version, try switching to a generic in-box driver.
Check the Spool folder to see whether ir contains any old files. When printing is working correctly, the files in the Spool folder are deleted when the jobs are printed. The default Spool folder is: %systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers.

Hope you find this helpful,
James

No Events found!