Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 30th, 2017 07:00

E525w, printer display is blank

I was in the middle of setting up a scan.  While navigating through the display settings, the menu froze.  I finally powered it off because it wouldn't become responsive again.  When I powered it back on it was completely blank.  I've tried powering down and even unplugging, but the display will not come back.  It lights up, but it's completely blank.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 31st, 2017 11:00

PghDznyGrl,

Remove the power block adapter from the back of the unit. Wait a few minutes and re-attach it and plug directly into a wall outlet.

August 7th, 2017 04:00

As mentioned above, unplugging was one of the first things I tried. I even left it unplugged for a few days. It is plugged back in, directly to the wall outlet, and still no display.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 8th, 2017 06:00

PghDznyGrl,

The panel may be locked. Follow the information below to see if that will work to get the printer working. If not, if may need to be serviced from Dell. You would then call 1-800-624-9896.

Panel Lock Function

This feature prevents unauthorized users from changing settings made by the administrator. To limit access to the administrator menu, changing the panel lock password from the default is recommended. However, you can select settings for individual print jobs using the printer driver.

Enabling the Panel Lock

1.Press the Menu (Menu) button.

2.Press the arrow down button until System is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

3.Press the arrow down button until Admin Menu is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

4.Press the arrow down button until Secure Settings is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

5.Ensure that Panel Lock is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

6.Ensure that Panel Lock Set is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

7.Press the arrow down button until Enable is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

8.Press the arrow down button until Change Password is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

9.Enter the password, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

NOTE: The factory-default password is 0000.

NOTE: If you ever lose or forget the password which you have set, turn off and then turn on the printer while pressing the Menu (Menu) button to reset the password.

Disabling the Panel Lock

1.Press the Menu (Menu) button.

2.Press the arrow down button until System is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

3.Press the arrow down button until Admin Menu is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

4.Enter the password, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

5.Press the arrow down button until Secure Settings is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

6.Ensure that Panel Lock is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

7.Ensure that Panel Lock Set is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

8.Press the arrow down button until Disable is highlighted, and then press the Set button (Set) button.

August 8th, 2017 15:00

How am I supposed to perform all of these menu selections to unlock the panel if the screen is completely blank?  That is the whole problem. There is NO MENU to navigate.  The screen is lit, but there is NOTHING on it, pure white light.

August 8th, 2017 16:00

I have essentially given up.  I tried to call the number provided by Dell, using my Express Service Code and every time I get a "Sorry for the Technical Difficulty, please call back" message.  The most success I've had is on the Facebook page where the support person told me that there is no fix for the printer.  I've found a work around to let me print and scan using the dialog box on my Mac. That will have to do until I use up the brand new set of toner cartridges that I just ordered. Then I'll get a new printer, probably go back to HP since my last HP printer still works, just has an obsolete cable.

1 Message

September 26th, 2018 18:00

I now have the same problem on my printer. Its right at 2 years old. I am capable of repairing if I knew what was wrong. No board level diagnosis tools unfortunately. 
When I first noticed the blank screen, I go to the printer and discover the screen backlight is lit and blank- no information on the lcd, power LED is orange flashing slow and steady. 

I pulled the plug.

When I reapplied power, I can tell the printer is drawings power. According to my power meter it is pulling 280 watts (117volts) off and on as if the fuser is heating up. 

At idle my functionality is limited. I can hit copy and such but other buttons do not respond. Sometimes they will beep but most of the time not. At idle it is pulling a meager 9 watts. If I hit copy and then start it will act like it is going to print but only scans the document in the flatbed, spools up does not draw paper or print. Just sits there occasionally heating up the fuser and then pulls 280 watts for 1-2 second pulses every 10-15 seconds or so. 

Help please! 

February 16th, 2019 18:00

I just bought the printer used from Good Will computer works store. Tech guys there said, the printer was checked out to be in perfect operating condition. The first time I used the printer to print a test page, the display panel showed an ink level image. Since then, the panel only is lit up but is not showing any characters. It is just a lit up blank screen. What trouble shooting procedure should I try to resolve this problem ?

February 16th, 2019 19:00

Display screen is lit up, but shows no characters. Just bought the Dell printer from Good Will computer works store, on North Haskel in Dallas Texas. Tech guys said it was checked out to be in good operating condition. First time I powered it up, image of ink levels were displayed. Since then, I have seen no images nor characters in the display screen, at all. 

1 Message

April 17th, 2019 18:00

Hi with all of these problems appearing to be the same and unable to access menus mentioned is this a known problem

Should we replace the fuser

Is it something more serious like a board

I still have my printer sitting here collecting dust using a junk mainstream officejet brand which I hate. I would much rather get my dell back up. I did find fuser kits online but are expensive. I wouldnt mind making a small investment but I would rather know it could potentially fix the problem instead of the guess and check methodology. 

Thoughts

Thanks much

1 Message

May 16th, 2022 03:00

Hello everyone,

When the LCD panel of the Printer is lit but nothing displayed it's not necessarily something else than just a bad connection on the flat cable that connects the console to the motherboard.

There's a tweak to this : insert a piece of plastic or very slim cardboard in the connector on the motherboard right behind the flat cable and it will press the cable on the connector's pins.

You'll need to disassemble the front panel first (2 screws) and then clip off the left panel. Tutorials are easy to find on YT, nothing really complex.

Check out my vid on the clipping part it's really easy : https://youtu.be/tCNz0bvVloQ

Blank displays happen when the printer gets moved, bumped and the cable moves in the connector. In my case it happened because I had to remove the cover and these connectors don't like being manipulated.

Test it, you might be lucky.

No Events found!