Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2012 11:00

Printer Driver for Dell Color Printer 720

I just purchased a "new"in the box Dell Color Printer 720 from someone who never used it.  I tried to download the driver, but I believe that it will not download due to my having a Windows 7 operating system.   Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get a driver for this?  Thanks!

953 Posts

August 9th, 2012 16:00

Hi,

Below is the link for the driver from the support site. Download the driver for the Dell AIO 720 printer which should be compatible with Windows 7 operating system. The driver is same for Windows Vista and Windows 7. The driver should work on both the 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Download the file to the desktop, double click the file and follow the onscreen instructions.

Please post back the results.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 12th, 2012 14:00

seemwally and Sailingbird,

• First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
    Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the

Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 720 Color Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

1 Message

August 12th, 2012 14:00

Hi Sailingbird,

I have the same problem. I tried downloading the Vista driver for the 720 but Windows 7 doesn't recognize it. I'm dittoing your situation.

1 Rookie

• 

24 Posts

October 8th, 2019 09:00

Hi,

I have similar issue: Dell Color Printer 720, I am running Windows 10 64bit. Can I use the driver listed above as well?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 11th, 2019 11:00

kratan,

Try this procedure and see if the printer installs.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Rick

3 Posts

February 24th, 2021 23:00

I successfully installed my ‎Dell Color Printer 720 on Windows 10 suing the procedure posted by PudgyOne on 10-11-2019 11:36 AM.

After following the procedure, I also ran the setup.exe file in Compatibility Mode. I am not sure if Compatibility Mode is required for setup.exe, but that is how I did it, and it worked.

Thanks,  PudgyOne.

1 Message

September 21st, 2022 12:00

Hi,

I have Dell Photo Printer 720 and Windows 10 64 Bit (21H2).

I followed the steps, but the printer state (in Control Panel) is: The driver is not available (translation from Spanish).

If I try to print, in the print dialog the Dell Photo Printer 720 is not showed in printers list.

Just a note: the link Vista 64-bit Drivers doesn't work, I've found the Vista 64-bit drive in https://www.dell.com/support/home/es-es/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=r149373 

Any suggestion.

Thanks in advance!

3 Posts

November 5th, 2022 23:00

I also wanted to buy the dell color printer

No Events found!