Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2015 10:00

c1765 - Black cartridge printing light gray

I've replaced the cartridge twice, still printing a very light gray.  I think I need to clean the print heads, but can't find anything on how to do that.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

1 Message

November 2nd, 2017 14:00

I found a solution to the problem of black suddenly starting to print light grey,
and it doesn't involve downloading the printer manual or changing your toner cartridge!

From Windows 10 (probably similar for other versions), go to
   Settings/
   Printers and Scanners/ 
select your printer, then click on 'Manage'.

A Properties dialog box opens. In the General tab, select Preferences

A Preferences dialog box opens. In the Graphics tab, under Image Adjustment Mode,
select ICM Adjustment System.

Apply/ OK/ OK

Try printing a test page

• 

16.7K Posts

May 6th, 2015 07:00

SLPHome,

You can click the link below to download the online manual. The manual provides information on cleaning your computer as well as other helpful information on maintaining your printer.

C1765NF MFP Printer Manual

2 Posts

May 6th, 2015 08:00

I should have added that we have already done everything the manual suggests.  At this point, it appears that a piece of foam as come loose and is blocking the ink.

1 Message

January 11th, 2016 19:00

I  having this same problem.

We have tried everything in the manual.  

All the colors print fine.  Only black is grey.  We have replaced the black rober 3 times.

We use Dell toner.

Please help!

1 Message

February 9th, 2016 10:00

09.Feb.2016

We have the SAME problem!

It happened within maybe one hour, when we printed several dozens of pages, and the printer driver was set to only print in black.

The black colour on the printout turned more and more from black to gray, now it is near to invisible.

Of course we also tried:

- changing the toner cardringe

- updating to the latest firmware (we succeeded)

- cleaning the CTD sensor

- removed all toner cardriges and cleaning those "wholes" beside them.

- trying whatever is possible with the "DELL C1765 Toolbox"-software (windows 8)

Nothing helped. Very frustrating!

Please help!

We googled and realized: There are other DELL customers with the same problem. So I think there SHOULD be some solution, right?

So please answer.

TIA

delluser

1 Message

February 28th, 2016 08:00

I have exactly the same issue.

Black print outs comming lighter and lighter.

Any ideas?

Regards Sven.

1 Message

May 17th, 2016 14:00

Also having the very same problem and the printer is just out of warranty so I can't just send it back to the vendor.

Replaced the black toner cartridge twice.

Also tried all the maintenance menus (cleaning, etc.), used the blue cleaning rod, etc. Nothing works.

In the manual there is a referenace to 'Toner saving mode', however, this does not exist in printer preferences in the driver on my system.

Can anyone help?

June 1st, 2016 12:00

Very strange that we are all having the same Problem. Me too with the c1765 of a client.

Wondering that the support doesn't help with this issues. I recommended a dell Printer because I didn't want my client become victim of built-in obsolescence. I'm not feeling confident anymore.

The problem is that it happened after and not in the period of warranty.

3 Posts

June 1st, 2016 17:00

No, this does NOT answer anyone's questions...as you see, but choose to ignore.  Is there a a solution, or is this how you force consumers to buy a new printer every 6 months?

3 Posts

June 1st, 2016 17:00

Same here...did you ever find a solution?

5 Posts

July 30th, 2016 06:00

30-July-2016

Same - Me Too !

2 and one half year old Dell 1765nfw has worked perfectly to now.

Last Week - Black Print turned Gray then Lighter and Lighter Gray.

Colors are all Fine !    Onlt printing Black is affected.

Have tried all Trouble-Shooting as have People Above.

No E-Mail Option for Tech Support - now I'll have to call and talk to a Service Tech Rep who will probably assume I know nothing (have computer degree and A+ Cert).

Come on Dell - Read your Community Forum and give us a Solution.

THANX !

5 Posts

August 1st, 2016 09:00

Update (1-Aug-2016)

Now the Printer (1765nfw) will not print any Black Text from any Word.doc, Web Page, Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF, etc...   It tries to Print but Text is so Light that it is virtually Invisible.

If I take a Screen Image of the Black Text Document and print it as a Graphic (jpg), it Prints almost Perfect (maybe just slightly lighter than it should be -but not much).

Color Printing is still OK - If I print the Darkest Navy Blue (instead of Black) it comes out Fine.

Using a Third Party High Capacity Black Toner Cartridge which has been Printing Perfectly for 7 Months.   Will attempt to order and install an original Dell Black Toner Cartridge to rule out that the Third Party Toner is not at Fault.

Have made NO System Changes that would have (that I know) affected Print Quality.     Guessing that anyone with this Problem is SOL !

Dell does not offer the 1765nfw for sale anymore; looks like it's been replaced by the (very similar) Dell Color Multi function Printer - E525w ($329.99) which uses different Toner Cartridges

5 Posts

August 5th, 2016 14:00

Update 1  (5-Aug-2016)

Just wasted $40 (on original Dell Black Toner Cartridge) to confirm that this isn't a Toner Problem.

Had been using EPS replacement toner (25% the cost of Dell Toner - all Toner, Dell or 3rd Party looks like it all comes from China no diff).

So this Problem is obviously either mechanical, or more likely electrical control (bad circuit Panel) internal to the Printer.

So now I'll report this to Dell and see if there's any remedy (other than buying their new Model - E525w)

And as for Dell Support like this:

=========================================================

Posted by DELL-Jesse L

on 6 May 2015 8:54

SLPHome,

You can click the link below to download the online manual. The manual provides information on cleaning your computer as well as other helpful information on maintaining your printer.

C1765NF MFP Printer Manual

============================================================

Referencing us to the Manual is a Worthless *** response.    We are serious knowledgeable users - we came to the Forum because nothing in the Manual has addressed or fixed this Problem.

Come on Dell - You can do Better !

5 Posts

August 9th, 2016 08:00

9-Aug-2016

Just got off the Phone with Dell Tech Support (Laser Printer).    

They wanted me to renew my Warranty for $60 in order to have any Tech Support Options.

Original Warranty was only 1 Year on the 1765nfw

Looks like my best option might be to (<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>

it up and) buy the new Printer Model E525w.

Maybe that will last another two years.

1 Message

August 11th, 2016 09:00

I have the same issue, and have been looking for a solution as well.  I have done everything in the manual, replaced the toner, and reset the printer.  Nothing i have done has fixed it either.

I'm a little disappointed that there has been no fix for this.  I'm wondering if it might be a fuser or drum error?  Downloading the manual from the site hardly seems like a good fix.  

No Events found!