Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2021 06:00

Dell Back Up and Recovery

Will Dell Back up and Recovery save my Software too, for example my PDF, Word 2021, etc. When or if I have to reinstall Win 10 if I have a problem with PC. Or does a simply creating a Restore Point save my Microsoft authorizing, PDK authorization etc. I have all exterior  1TB Harddrives. thanks 

5 Practitioner

• 

4.8K Posts

November 27th, 2021 22:00

@thadoctur , windows 10 license is injected into the machine BIOS.  Microsoft also has record of your machine hardware ID combined with the license.  If you ever need to reinstall windows 10, it will be reactivated when connecting online.  You won't have to worry about keeping backup of the license.

PDF reader is not required anymore.  Web browsers like Chrome, Edge have built-in feature to open PDF files.  Many malware, adware have pop-up when you are online and they have pretext of your computer needed to download or install them.  Do not fall for those scam.  The legitimate software like Microsoft Office, Adobe will provide activation process and you probably have records of purchase transaction.  Those are the records you would want to have backup in case of reactivation.

Otherwise, a system backup, a drive image backup, or data backup onto an external drive will be sufficient only if you do it properly and knowing how to restore them when needed. 

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 27th, 2021 10:00

If you are saving to an external drive then why not try a program such as Macrium Reflect Free found here. I find the interface much easier to navigate and their web page and on YouTube are many tutorials that can help. I use it to not only image drives but also to clone drives and it has bailed me out countless times.

101 Posts

November 27th, 2021 19:00

I've been using Macrium for years.  Love the incremental backups.  Used it to go between Windows 10 and Windows 11 as I tested W11.  Great software.

56 Posts

November 27th, 2021 20:00

Can it save apps or software previously authorize without activating again. Say, with a win 10 key or product key. My Pdf software is a download and expires after a few days. After that I'm on my own. A company actually required I purchase a new Key(download) of a hundred buck w/a discount. I had to buy it. And if my PC not working and I reinstall win I will again be faced with same issue. I'm reviewing Macrium and watching YouTube Tutorial. Thanks

56 Posts

November 27th, 2021 20:00

Will Macrium save software or apps from reauthorizations and licensing? I'm checking tutorials out. thanks  

No Events found!