Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2022 22:00

Error BAT0002 System board battery has failed

Hi, I have my dell r620 server error BAT0002, after clear system event log (SEL) and restart server, it is okay, but if you unplug the psu, then plug in back and turn on, the error will appear again, already replaced CMOS battery, update firmware, change psu still same if unplug and plug it back, clear sel and restart okay if the plug is still plugged in. Can anyone help me? Already doing this for about 1 week. Thanks in advance 

• 

3.1K Posts

August 15th, 2022 02:00

Hi @Lepmad,

Yes, it seems to be the mainboard issue. I assumed, the battery is a known good working battery, have you left the server connected to the power for a few hours to check on the issue? Also, could you confirm if the battery socket has no residue and it's seated properly into it.

• 

3.6K Posts

August 11th, 2022 23:00

Hi, thanks for choosing Dell. Looks like it's time for you to change the coin battery  (C2032) on the motherboard, I'm afraid. I wish you a good weekend ahead.  

21 Posts

August 12th, 2022 15:00

done that, still same, afher clear SEL, unplug and plug in back power cord error came up again. I suspect the motherboard has issue

21 Posts

August 15th, 2022 02:00

yes, already run, properly seated and no residue

No Events found!