Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

September 8th, 2020 00:00

PowerEdge r7525 - Comm Error: Backplane 1

Hi, I have a problem. After starting the server, this error appears:

HWC8010: The system Configuration Check operation resulted in the following issue: Comm Error: Backplane1.

Thanks for the help

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

September 8th, 2020 07:00

Hello @Kolbi_Fire,

It looks like a backplane connection error. This can be a hardware error that could be solved resetting physically the connector or a faulty backplane. However, I do not recognize the model PowerEdge R7525 in order to be able to offer you some advice about how to check the issue. Please, can you confirm me the server model or provide the Service Tag via PM.

Regards.

April 30th, 2021 02:00

Error resolved. The server had a faulty motherboard. Thx

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 02:00

pls help what is problem

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2022 02:00

The System Configuration Check operation resulted in the following issue: Config Missing: Riser with cable connected to PLANAR_SL8.

• 

3.4K Posts

October 3rd, 2022 06:00

Hello,

How long has there been this error? Has there been a particular event or hardware upgrade?
Can you check the cable connection?

January 31st, 2023 19:00

Hi ,

I do have similar error,

Checked the cables all were fine ,nothing been  detached on back plane, config missing sig0 .power and the Config Missing: Riser with cable connected to PLANAR_SL8. These messages,added x710 network card .please advise .

• 

3.1K Posts

January 31st, 2023 21:00

Hi @Venkat-Hedges,

What happens if you remove the network card, clear the hardware log and reboot. Does the error appear? Which slot did you install the x710 in? Was there any further upgrades? 2nd CPU? Has the server's BIOS and LCC firmware updated? How many risers do you have?

February 1st, 2023 06:00

YES Joey 2nd cpu been added , even without adding any hardware too we received this error . 

The card is installed in slot 2 . Firmware's been updated .

• 

3.4K Posts

February 1st, 2023 06:00

Hello,

if you performed all the steps suggested it could be an hardware issue. If the server is out of warranty you can contact the support to know if they can send you an estimate to repair.

Thanks

No Events found!