Rack Servers

Last reply by 09-26-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

hacMouse and keyboard not workin during boot or BIOS screen

I have a problem with a Dell Poweredge R440. Mouse and keyboard don't work during boot or BIOS setup. The same problem with virtual console or local inputswith a physical keyboard and mouse. 

After windows is started it works. What is the problem?? I reset the iDRAC to default and I even updated the BIOS to 2.15.1 and the problem still there. With latest iDRAC 5.X.X.X.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Finally it is working. The problem was the static, I made the discharge procedure and finally I can configure BIOS from the virtual console.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Draining-static-charge-procedure/td-p/17407...

View solution in original post

Replies (5)

Robert_Labman,

Would you do me a favor and confirm for me if the mice and keyboard are directly attached to the server, and if not, how are they connected? 
Also are they wireless or bluetooth? 
I ask as it sounds like the HII/BIOS drivers might not be working well with them, and once the OS loads the correct drivers are being used.

Let me know.

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

First the server was in a rack without mouse and keyboard connected and the problem was detected in Virtual console connection. This happens in any king of connection, HTML5, eHTML, java, vnc. Them i testes with physical mouse and keyboard and the same problem.

I looked for any parameter in BIOS or iDRAC but i couldn't find anything.

On iDRAC GUI under Virtual Console settings page can you check "Keyboard/Mouse Attach State". If it is in Detach state can you change to Attach or Auto Attach state. 

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

I tested in both "auto-atach" and "attached". Is not working.

As I said one windows is started it works so this is not the problem.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Finally it is working. The problem was the static, I made the discharge procedure and finally I can configure BIOS from the virtual console.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Draining-static-charge-procedure/td-p/17407...

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor