Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

1 Message

June 9th, 2021 14:00

iqvsw64e.sys bsod after installing server update utility

I have a R720 with sbs 2011 installed I attempted to install the server update utility for server 2016 on it. since then it keeps oncrashing with the blue screen it refferences the file iqvsw64e.sys

• 

3.6K Posts

June 9th, 2021 23:00

Hi,
iqvsw64e.sys means:
IQVW64E stands for Intel QV Windows (64-bit) Module E
It’s an Intel NIC file.
Iqvw64e.sys file information
The process known as Intel® Network Adapter Diagnostic Driver belongs to software Intel® iQVW64.SYS or Intel® Network Connections by Intel (https://dell.to/3pG7DNn).
If your NIC is from Intel I’d recommend NIC driver update first then move onto “installing server update utility”.

July 5th, 2021 11:00

I am having the same issue.

BSOD every two minutes

• 

3.6K Posts

July 6th, 2021 00:00

Hello, thanks for choosing Dell. As I responded to the OP, Have you tried this?

If your NIC is from Intel I’d recommend NIC driver update first then move onto “installing server update utility”.

1 Message

August 9th, 2021 11:00

I'm having the same issue on a server with no Intel NICS just Broadcom reboots every 4mins

Only boots in to safe mode without crashing but nothing showing me what to uninstall or how??

Why alert to install drivers before the SSU loads properly?

SUU-WIN64_21.04.200.467

• 

8.4K Posts

August 9th, 2021 13:00

RMS_MSMITH,

Just to confirm, did you see the issue occur upon installing SUU, or after running it to update?

If it is due to the install I would start with going into safe mode and deleting SUU. 

Let me know what you see. 

3 Posts

January 18th, 2022 05:00

Hello, I've got the same issue after installing an SUU. did you found a soluion for this?

3 Posts

January 18th, 2022 06:00

Hello Charles,

(removed by Moderator for private information: Service Tag)

this is our server where we started the SUU. The SUU was made with the Dell repository manager.

ben78_1-1642516747819.png

While executing the launcher we got direct a blue-screen.

ben78_2-1642516802220.png

Greetings,

Ben

• 

3.3K Posts

January 18th, 2022 06:00

Hello ben78,

I'm sorry to see there is an issue after installing SUU.

Could you provide more details? A screen shot of the issue may help or any errors you see.

Let me know the link you downloaded SUU from.

In addition please let me know:

Server model:

Operating system and version:

If this is a NIC driver issue; What NIC does your server have?

• 

3.3K Posts

January 18th, 2022 07:00

Hello Ben,

Are there any 3rd party components,(like NICs), installed that are not on the original order?

Do you have any hardware issues? Try running built in diags:

Boot to  F11 on Dell Splash screen, selecting  Boot Manager -> System Utilities -> Launch Dell Diagnostics.  Note any messages and continue testing.

Try recreating the SUU without NIC firmware and do NIC separately within OS.

Alternate method to try - booting to the premade bootable ISO ,  or execute DSU (DELL EMC System Update) from the host OS.

Platform Specific Bootable ISO, PER720, 21.12.00

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

DELL EMC System Update, v.1.5.3

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=rt3w9

3 Posts

January 19th, 2022 07:00

Hello,

I think I tried everything now.

No, only originam parts are in the server. So no other  nic's.

I don't think I'll be using the repository manager again.

I hope with an image i can recover the server again. This is not a good experience. I made glad i had a back-up server for our production-system.

2 Posts

August 15th, 2022 21:00

I just experienced this as well and was able to remedy it by deleting the directory created in the temp dir under the user that tried to run the SUU. It was the 1 dir under the Temp dir. there was also a registry entry NAL that I deleted that pointed to the iqvsw64e.sys under that tree... IT would be nice to know how to be able to run the SUU without that happening though...

• 

3.6K Posts

August 15th, 2022 22:00

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience here. For your question, I assume it'd be difficult for us to provide support since R720 is rather dated: It would be the same with your server update utility as well. I'm sorry I can't be of much help this time, but please let us know if anytime you have questions. Wish you a good one. 

October 25th, 2023 17:48

hello I have a similar issue on a rather old server on which I've installed SUU

The server is running Windows 2008R2.

I don't care about SUU, please guide me how to uninstall the driver and recover my server.

thanks,

Justin

• 

3.3K Posts

25-10-2023 08:47 PM

Hello Justin,

Have you tried uninstall any resent updates and check results?

Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall program.

I don't want to assume anything from previous poster is what you have.

Could you provide more information like system model and any image of error messages you are having and troubleshooting steps you have tried already.

Is this the OEM NIC and what model or is it an add-in non Dell NIC?

DELL-Charles R

Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Thumbs up’ the posts you like!

October 26th, 2023 09:42

the software doesn't finish the install and it cannot be uninstalled later.

I rebooted into safe-mode, had the Intel drivers uninstalled from Device Manager and rebooted to normal. Windows detected my Intel card again and installed the original drivers.

Quite a stress and a drive to the datacenter in the evening, would expect more checks from Dell before a driver provided by your updater crashes servers...

PS - I need to create bootable ISOs for updating several Dell servers, how can I approach this? Something similar to Lenovo's BOMC?

thanks,

Justin

• 

3.2K Posts

26-10-2023 12:51 PM

Hi,

thanks what does BOMC do?

with kind regards Martin

DELL-Martin S

#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Mark as Accepted Answer’. ‘Thumbs up’ the posts you like!

October 26th, 2023 14:02

@Dell-Martin S​ allows you to easily create a bootable image containing all updates for a given server or group of servers.. quite nice for updating servers firmware for all devices inc. raid, nics, etc.

• 

3.3K Posts

26-10-2023 03:01 PM

Hello Justin,

What is the system model you are working with?

Is this the OEM NIC and what model or is it an add-in non Dell NIC?

Update can be found on the support page.

Input your service tag at this link

https://dell.to/45OCoU3

Go to > Drivers & Downloads

DELL-Charles R

#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Thumbs up’ the posts you like!

No Events found!