Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

29 Posts

November 17th, 2022 03:00

Heartbeat connection Failure

I have the latest version of Dell SCG. it says "Heartbeat connection status" disconnected. what exactly it is. how to solve it.

What kind of access is required to solve this.

33 Posts

November 17th, 2022 07:00

The user Guide has some datails on thi: " Network resources—displays the number of connected and disconnected Enterprise servers, heartbeat connection status,
and the configuration status of your SMTP server and Policy Manager. To test the heartbeat connection status through port
443 and verify the connectivity to the Enterprise servers, click Test connection.
NOTE: By default, secure connect gateway verifies the heartbeat status every 24 hours." 

If the explanation is not sufficient, you can provide feedback by opening the document in https://www.dell.com/support/  and then click on " View page" 

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2023 11:00

What exactly is the heartbeat checking into?  I have 1 SCG that works and another in a different data center that does not.  Each is separate and used to manage the SAN in each location.  They have the same network and internet rules allowing outside access.  Is the heartbeat talking to Dell on the internet or the SAN internally because we so Zero blocks but it still doesn't connect?  All other test work and the SAN itself added to the SCG with no issues.

• 

8.4K Posts

April 27th, 2023 07:00

0x11,

I don't believe the issue is actually site specific. What I would suggest is that you start with taking a snapshot, if you don't have a recent one. Afterwards please run the following commands on SCG and it should resolve the issue:

docker exec -it esrsde-app bash
su postgres
psql vapp 
delete from keepalive where model = 'SECURECONNECTGATEWAY-APPLIANCE';
delete from keepalive where model = 'ESRS-VE';
\q 
exit

Then reboot.

Let me know if that resolves the heartbeat issue.

2 Posts

April 27th, 2023 07:00

Same issue here. SCG installed in Netherlands & Germany -> Heartbeat ok

2 SCG in 2 different Switzerland sites -> Heartbeat failed.

@RPE  Where is your SCG located, Sitzerland by any chance?

All can connect to the DELL Business-Servers though.

@nun

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2023 23:00

Hello @DELL-Chris H 

I ran the commands but after the reboot the issue is still the same.

• 

3.1K Posts

May 3rd, 2023 00:00

Hi @0x11,

Do you have a screenshot of the mentioned Heartbeat status failed? Can I check if the status is shown failed or disconnected?

Is the site in Switzerland port 443 is allowed in the firewall, just to confirm. 

On the dashboard, under Network Resources, there is a Test Connection button. What is status after it ran a check when you click it? https://dell.to/3LMLpFh

Also in Connectivity on the header, there is Network connections and services, try to test the connection, https://dell.to/3LP3hAd

2 Posts

May 31st, 2023 04:00

Hello,

As a customer from Belgium we have exact the same issue here.  When using the Test Connection button on the SCG all tests succeed, thar is: Ping, Port 443 and Port 8443.

Heartbeat status however stays on 'disconneted'

Best regards

Didier

2 Posts

May 31st, 2023 05:00

Smallupdate: updatign the SCG to version 5.16 resolved the problem.

Kind Regards
Didier

No Events found!