Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Rookie

• 

83 Posts

November 3rd, 2022 08:00

Something went wrong while sending an alert file from gateway

I started receiving these alert messages via email this morning. Im running Gateway version 5.12.00.10

When i run the connectivity checks it appears at though the appliance can get to emc.

Global access and enterprise servers

The global access and enterprise servers list will display after the first tests are run.

Status

Not connected
Last verified date

Nov 3, 2022 10:33 AM

EMAIL MESSAGE BELOW
Something went wrong while sending an alert file from gateway ELMAPL082290SZ.
Hello
We're just letting you know there was an error sending an alert file from your secure connect gateway on ELMAPL082290SZ.
File # File name Status
1 /var/log/connectemc/logs/ConnectEMC_MFT.log [Failed]

• 

3.6K Posts

November 3rd, 2022 21:00

Hello, thanks for choosing Dell. I will need to find someone who knows this area very well. I'd like to kindly ask for your patience in advance to see if I can get a response. Is it possible for you to DM me with your service tag? 
Please know that this may take time. In the meantime, wish you a good weekend.                          

21 Posts

December 14th, 2022 09:00

I think this is a Dell issue.  We're getting slammed with thousands of alerts too.

3 Posts

December 14th, 2022 09:00

Someone was already able to resolve this issue???
Today my SCG stop send the logs (ConnectEMC_MFT.log [Failed]) 

And in the connection status it is showing an error with a this 2 dell address:

esrs3-coredr.emc.com

128.221.236.246 230 

esrs3-core.emc.com

128.221.236.246 228 

both with the same port "8443"

Please help....

1 Message

December 14th, 2022 10:00

Same for us started about an hour ago

2 Posts

Same problem here. @DELL-Young E  Do you guys know what is going on?

1 Rookie

• 

83 Posts

Mine started again this morning  at 9:12 am CST. I rebooted the appliance, but that didnt help

• 

3.6K Posts

December 14th, 2022 19:00

Hello I believe this was a temporary glitch with http://dell.to/3PuYYKD 
and it's all sorted out now. Let us know if you see further issues.

1 Message

December 15th, 2022 02:00

Hello, it's stille the same today. I did a restart of all services and got the gateway status "ON" again, but I'm still receiving a lot of e-mails reporting
"/var/log/connectemc/logs/ConnectEMC_MFT.log [Failed]"

2 Posts

December 15th, 2022 03:00

I tried to log in but i received an error! I can´t even acces to disble the email reporting. I have to shutdown the vm cause it´s sending 1 e-mail per 5 seconds

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

December 15th, 2022 08:00

Hello @OleHD and @Infra N2,

I would sugest opening a case with support to make sure the incident is being addressed.

Do you have the contact to do so?

Regards

11 Posts

December 15th, 2022 14:00

My two gateways also getting these errors.  Some stuff gets thru but still getting way to mail failures.  Went to open a SR, but it says SRs aren't available for this product, to call.   eh?  Never seen that before.   Really would like this fixed we have scheduled UPS replacement in the DC this weekend and starting out with all these extra alerts isn't ideal.

• 

3.6K Posts

December 15th, 2022 20:00

Hello, I would suggest the exact same as Diego previously did. I am not quite sure what you mean by "Went to open a SR, but it says SRs aren't available for this product, to call." but with your system's service tag, anyone should be able to raise an official ticket with Dell.
https://dell.to/3uVmib2

11 Posts

December 16th, 2022 07:00

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 9.36.30 AM.png

Instead I picked my data domain and complained about the errors there, seems wrong, but it was the only way to get an SR opened on the issue as the Secure Connect Gateway doesn't allow it (nor the older ESRS one, etc).

11 Posts

December 16th, 2022 10:00

Support response: "Regarding the alerts “Telemetry could not be sent to CloudIQ, connectivity with SRS failed”, there is a backend outage on SRS/ SCG and Dell IT is working it as a P1/Critical issue to establish the service as soon as possible. We will keep you posted with new updates."

3 Posts

December 20th, 2022 02:00

We have the same issue. I tried to disable notifications but we still receive them.

Is there a way to disable those notifications ? I tried to disable everything in SCG but i still receive those.

Do you have any news on this issue ?

No Events found!