Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2023 11:00

secure connect gateway 5.1400.10, no config from ovf or webui working.

I deployed the secure connect gateway via the ovf package for vmware using version 5.1400.10. Appliance deployed but hostname and IP info entered from ovf template are not present. Can't login via console and webui is not working. Have tried this on several different IPs and subnets. Also tried the 5.1200 version as well and got the same result.

When appliance is starting up, I get this error:

"Waiting for SAE to start...Secure connect gateway could not determine the IP address to connect to with the WebUI."

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2023 00:00

Hi John,

Deploying via vSphere client (launched from vCenter) is not optional I'm afraid. Hidden somewhere in the troubleshooting guide is a sentence stating that deployment of SCG using ESXi is not supported. Had that same sentence been included in the pre-reqs section of the user guide it would have saved me a lot of time!

You can get a 60-day free trial of vCenter (VCSA). 

Hope this helps.

• 

3.1K Posts

January 18th, 2023 19:00

Hi @seriouslydell7,

What is the version of your ESXi? 

Are you referring that on Step 8 after entering Network IPV4 and IPV6, the console nor the WebUI is not accessible? Are you able to ping the VM? Have you check if the network requirements for ports and protocols have been allowed? https://dell.to/3QRqXFd

January 19th, 2023 05:00

ESXi 7.0.3

After entering info in step 8, console is accessible but I can't login. WebUI is nonexistent. Can't ping the vm. Currently investigating ports and protocols but should be open. However after entering values into the ovf template, none of them are making it to the appliance. The vm comes up with the same 172.18.0.1 address every time and default "linux" hostname.

3 Posts

February 10th, 2023 01:00

Hi @seriouslydell7 

Did you perform the deployment using vCenter (and launching a vSphere client)?

2 Posts

March 1st, 2023 14:00

I have the same issue,
Im using ESXi V7 update 3, no VCenter

2 Posts

March 1st, 2023 14:00

@oxforduk @DELL-Joey C @seriouslydell7 
This is what I See, this is my 3rd re deploy, same message and I can't log ins a root.
 002404.jpg

• 

3.6K Posts

March 1st, 2023 23:00

Hello, thanks for choosing Dell.
I'll provide some links for you, hope these help:
https://dell.to/3ZeUiN5 (I am wondering if you put in your IP?)

https://dell.to/3IIVn8V

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2023 00:00

To deploy SCG successfully (in an environment without an existing vCenter machine):

1. Install ESXi 8 on a host.

2. Deploy VCSA as a vm on that host. 

3. Open VCSA in a browser and clicked "LAUNCH VSPHERE CLIENT"

4. In the vSphere Client "Deploy OVF Template..." and upload the ovf and vmdk files for SCG. 

5. Repeat 4. for Policy Manager.

May 3rd, 2023 04:00

Had the same issue myself a few times over the past week,

This is a Hyper-v VHD with SuSE as the OS - suse is different than most linux distros in the sense it uses Yast2 for setup, also the dell wizard allows an IP, subnet mask to be added but strangely no Default Gateway during the install, to resolve this issue I logged in at the console as root ran yast2 and went to network configuration -->routing and added in the DG now the system responds to a ping and the web console is accessible.

Tony_Doyle_1-1683113002626.png

No Events found!