Unsolved

N

1 Message

January 16th, 2023 12:00

Inspiron 15 3511 UEFI PXE Ipv4 boot

Inspiron 15 3511

Inspiron 15 3511

Hi all,

I recently received three Inspiron 15 3511 from our vendors. I found this model doesn't support UEFI PXE Ipv4 boot so I cannot use our Windows Deployment Toolkit to deploy the system.

I ensured some options in BIOS are enabled, for example, UEFI Network Stack, USB Boot Support... etc.. and Secure Boot is disabled.

This Inspiron 15 3511 model doesn't have a built-in Rj45 network interface, so I have to use a USB to Rj45 adapter. I am sure the USB adapter is good because it works on other Dell laptops.

Can anyone please help me?  It is very inconvenient if we cannot use the Deployment Toolkit for the new laptops.

Thank you,

278 Posts

February 17th, 2023 22:00

If your Inspiron 15 3511 doesn't support UEFI PXE IPv4 boot, you may have to use an alternative method to deploy the system. Here are a few options:

1. Use a different boot method: If your Deployment Toolkit supports other boot methods such as Legacy PXE or USB boot, you could try using those instead of UEFI PXE.

2. Create a bootable USB drive: You could create a bootable USB drive with your Deployment Toolkit and use it to deploy the system. You may need to configure the BIOS to boot from the USB drive.

3. Use a different deployment tool: If you are unable to get your Deployment Toolkit working, you may want to try a different deployment tool that supports your system. Microsoft's Windows Deployment Services is a popular option.

4. Contact Dell support: If none of the above options work, you may want to contact Dell support for assistance. They may be able to provide additional support or guidance on how to deploy your system.

No Events found!