Storage, Drives & Media

Last reply by 09-18-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
Not applicable

Unable to format Dell USB

Hi,

When I got my alienware 17 in the box they give me a USB key with softwares on it, after I used them I want to format but I can't because there is a write only feature.

thank's in advance.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Following links may help you all that are looking for a solution....

NOTE: please read/verify all 3 procedures before execution, then select the flavor that adjust to your situation.....

PROCEDURE 01

PROCEDURE 02

PROCEDURE 03

View solution in original post

Replies (15)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Following links may help you all that are looking for a solution....

NOTE: please read/verify all 3 procedures before execution, then select the flavor that adjust to your situation.....

PROCEDURE 01

PROCEDURE 02

PROCEDURE 03

10 Diamond

Hi Aithusa27,

We strongly recommend you keep that USB key in the event that you ever need to replace the hard drive. 

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Listen, I really need assistance with this. I have the same media stick. I have the pop up asking me to update my backup and restore. No problem. I want to UPDATE it on THIS stick because it's large enough for it, unlike other USB drives that I have. Is there any way that you know of to be able to write to this disk? As it is now, because of the update, this content is no longer the latest anyway.

So do you know how to do that? Or not? Thank you in advance.

Cordially,

Patricia Nixon
Nixon Virtual Strategies

The Power of Delegation
recognized by Forbes

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have the same issue. Our company buys so many laptops and wondered if these drives could be made write enabled. It seems a waste to throw away all the drives. All the suggestions given dont seem to work. Dell should do the customers a favor by letting them user th drives for other purposes.

Not applicable

Hi, i have a question, i have a Black and a Silver Stick. On the Black Stick its no Problem to unlock, but on the Silver Stick the unlock isnt possible. Can you Help `?

Not applicable

No on an idea ?

I have a Dell Media Mentor USB restore media for Dell 14Z 5423 ultrabook. The Dell Restore media is giving me autorun.dll error and I want to know if I can fix it by copying a fresh autorun.dll to the USB. I have not done any change to official media so it seems only one dll is corrupt. Any guidance will be helpful

Regards
Ajay

How to fix Dell official USB Restore Media  for Windows 8 autorun.dll error?

I have a Dell Media Mentor USB restore media for Dell 14Z 423 ultrabook. The media is giving me autorun.dll error and I want to know if I can fix it by copying a fresh autorun.dll to the USB. I have not done any change to official media so it seems only one dll is corrupt.

Any guidance will be helpful

Regards
Ajay

Awesome, procedure 2 worked for me even though I didn't had blue label USB stick. Thanks a lot.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor