Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Posts

April 18th, 2022 10:00

secure connect gateway Health Check Report is to noisy

I'm on SCG 5.10.  Is there a way to improve the scheduling of the emailed health report?  I get it daily, and it's usually green.  Once it's was mostly green except for a service near the bottom of the report.

1:  I don't need to see the report every day if it's 100% green.  It's just an extra email i need to delete.  I'm already in the habit of deleting it, which reduces it's functionality.

2: If a service is down, then there should be something at the top of the email that indicates a problem exists.  I shouldn't have to scroll or ready beyond the first section of the notificaiton to figure out a problem exists.  As stated above, I'm already in the habit of deleting the email.

1 Message

April 20th, 2022 23:00

What he said. Please just allow us to only receive what matters, if everything's OK, one more email to read is only a daily annoyance.

For any issue, just email me of course.

Thanks

July 5th, 2022 05:00

Hello,

I'm totally agree, as now we always delete the email without read it we never know if there are an issue.

Maybe just some settings to allow everybody to personalize the scheduling should be a great idea.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2022 19:00

Does any one know how to change the notification time?

It is always 11:00pm every day.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2023 01:00

Do you know where can I configure the email recipient on secure connect gateway for health check report?

February 10th, 2023 07:00

Was this ever solved?  I just installed the SCG 5.14 yesterday and got the email last night at 11pm.  Also, the email does not have the name that I used for the SCG.

1 Message

February 11th, 2023 14:00

Same issue, plus the "we don't have your shipping" nonsense.

Can anyone post an example of an unhealthy email?

I'm thinking to move the message unless a phrase or keyword in body indicates an issue.

Mick

Cheers, 

March 10th, 2023 08:00

We have 6 SCG appliances so we were getting 6 separate status emails at crazy times. I wasn't able to figure out the health report email settings but I did come up with a fix that works for us. 

We do want to get the SCG health report but on our schedule, not Dell/EMC's :-). I changed the email in each SCG appliance to point to a null address. I then utilized the SCG REST API to get both the health of each appliance along with any device connectivity issues. Our team now receives one consolidated email with more info than we were getting with the out-of-the-box health report. 

Obvious drawbacks are we now get no emails about available SCG updates, or any other notifications for that matter. We do not use SCG for notifications though so the impact for us is minimal. 

For anyone interested in a similar solution, you can find the SCG REST API Guide here:

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/secure-connect-gateway-ve/scg_rest_api_guide/introduction?guid=guid-e2b92ce6-e55a-4133-adb5-6f375048902f&lang=en-us

No Events found!