This was posted in a few threads but with no resolution, so I'm starting a new thread.
I have a new (couple months old) XPS 13 9380. Every time I run SA (SupportAssist) it tells me that the Intel Chipset Device Software Driver needs to be updated to version 10.1.17903.8106. However, after installing and restarting, SupportAssist prompts to install it again. It appears that the installation failed, even though there were no errors.
I am upgrading this driver only because SupportAssist has listed it as needing an upgrade; I am not experiencing any system problems. So this is not an emergency, but it would be nice to fix.
The last time I tried to install it I downloaded the exe and ran it directly (Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-Driver_KK6C2_WIN_10.1.17903.8106_A07_01.EXE). After it ran, it prompted me to open the logs, which I did and then saved to a permanent folder. There is a lot in there, but some error messages stand out, e.g. Exception occurred: System.Exception", "Message: An error occurred when calling DriverPackageGetPath." I can send these logs directly to someone from support if needed (I don't want to post them here as I don't know if they contain any PII).