Tablets & Mobile Devices

Last reply by 02-09-2012 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell streak7 official Honeycomb update received

Yes Dell official  Honeycomb 3.2 update received this afternoon on my device.  Download and installation took a while though on my slow wifi network. Looking so far great and I am excited for this update. I did not like the default wallpaper though and changed.

Replies (104)
5 Rhenium

Welcome to the forum. I`m glad your update was a successful.

Teddi

#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Congrats.  Bummed that they did the UK first though and we still wait in the US.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

omg the UK got something first for a change? yay for Dell how well does honeycomb run on the device?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Just wondering, do you have a mobile version or the wifi only version?

I was under the impression all wifi users would receive the update at the same time.

Makes sense if there is a difference based on the carrier provider, but makes no sense if you have a wifi version for uk to receive the update first.

Don't get me wrong... I'm happy for you and it means everybody will get the update sooner or later, but really makes no sense for some people to receive the update first if its a wifi version.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I don't think it's based on the carrier as I have a sim free, 3g model purchased directly from Dell UK and got the update on Friday.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

my streak is 3G version unlocked. Hoeycomb looks great. Specially I like browser tabs and there seems lot of easy shortcuts in browser  screen when touched on edges coming up i am learning reading honeycomb online details makes browser experience great on seven inch.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

how will I get the upgrade?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I have for less than a month a brand new Dell Streak 7 only wifi. Yesterday afternoon I received the official Dell notification system upgrade to Honeycomb. As indicated, the update would take about 15 minutes, but the truth is that the update was never completedThe screen went to the Dell logo loop on and off. But I left it for over two hours until the battery ran out. There was no variation or message in all this time.

Clearly, something went wrong with the official update. Now the tablet only on and stays on the Dell logo permanently, with the dell logo animation shining blucle. I can not restore my system as the combination volume up-down + turn on does not work.

Any ideas?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

welcome here

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor