Virus & Spyware

Last reply by 01-28-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
7 Gold

Updates 1/18/22: Out-of-band Windows Update

Microsoft releases emergency fixes for Windows Server, VPN bugs (bleepingcomputer.com)

Microsoft has released emergency out-of-band (OOB) updates to address multiple issues caused by Windows Updates issued during the January 2021 Patch Tuesday.

"This update addresses issues related to VPN connectivity, Windows Server Domain Controllers restarting, Virtual Machines start failures, and ReFS-formatted removable media failing to mount."

For Windows 10, version 21H2: KB5010793 is available through Windows Update as an optional update.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 20, MBAM4 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

Replies (4)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

In spite of installing the out-of-band release, if you are getting the VPN bug you can follow this to get relief - How to Fix VPN KB5009543 Problem in Windows 10.

8 Krypton

@ky331  I presume you meant "...issued during the January 2022 Patch Tuesday. "

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

Ron,

I'm sure I just did a copy/paste from the referenced article... so presumably/technically, it was their error... which it looks like they've subsequently corrected.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 20, MBAM4 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

8 Krypton

@ky331  I just wanted others to be aware of the correct year when that OOB update was released.

It's the "proofreader" genes in me...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions