Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

May 13th, 2022 16:00

Dell Vostro 3550 beeps 4 times at startup

My dell vostro 3550 beeps 4 times at startup, what this means? I am having problems to acces to the internet, i cant activate the wifi reception of my computer, is this beep related to the wifi?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

May 13th, 2022 16:00

4 beeps indicates a RAM failure. Try reseating the RAM and also run a diagnostic check (tap F12 immediately at boot) and watch for errors.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2022 21:00

Thanks for your reply, i fixed the wifi problem but is still beeping, how can i reseat the ram?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

May 14th, 2022 06:00

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.

Remove and reinstall the memory modules. Service manual link below.

If the beep continues there after, try one module at a  time in each socket until you identify the bad module (meaning it is bad in both sockets) or the bad socket (meaning one socket shows bad with either module).  Then replace the module or the mainboard as appropriate.

Service manual

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/vostro-3550/docs

3 Posts

May 15th, 2022 10:00

Thank you very much, i will try to do what you say, the laptop works well but the beep is still doing noise, thanks for the help i will try to reseat the ram now.

No Events found!