Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AB

2 Posts

July 18th, 2020 07:00

fed up with "Diagnostic Boot Selected" in every boot.

Every time I start the laptop up, it keeps going into a Diagnostic bootup, and does a buncha tests (Which none ever fail) -- when the laptop reboots, I now have the option of hitting F2 or F12 for BIOS/Boot select, and the laptop loads normally. Every time.

Its very time cosuming... Please give me a solution

I need to disable this option.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 18th, 2020 12:00

What model computer and which operating system? 

Disable startup items, and restart Windows:
  1. Choose Start > Run.
  2. Type msconfig in the Open text box, and then press Enter.
  3. Change the setting to normal startup.
  4. reboot

July 20th, 2020 23:00

Disable startup items, and restart Windows:
  1. Choose Start > Run.
  2. Type msconfig in the Open text box, and then press Enter.
  3. Change the setting to normal startup.
  4. reboot  

Dear Sir/Madam

The above step is already done. NO CHANGE

Dell vostro 1014

windows 7

Every time Dianostic boot selected is automatically choosen and enter into diagnosis menu. Its time consuming after doing all diagnosis "no error" is showing.

can I disable that diagnosis facility from my device and login to my windows 7 directly.

1 Message

January 21st, 2021 15:00

I had the same problem, cold boots always selecting to run dell ePSA.

The problem was the volume +/-  control beside the power button.

If you have the same issue with always loading the ePSA try this to confirm if you have the same problem

1) boot into windows

2) change the audio volume with the push buttons beside the power button

3)if the buttons do not work that is the source.

4)open the laptop case and investigate the button operation (disconnect battery first)

I disconnected the button cable to the circuit board, removed the pus button board.  Checked that the switches were operating with a nice sharp click then put it back into the case.  Be careful that the cable is not pinched.  

If you want to check before closing the case, connect the battery and then power up the laptop.  If the volume buttons are working in windows the boot should be a simple boot into windows without the ePSA.

Hope this helps someone.

1 Message

January 21st, 2021 20:00

I had the same problem for several days and tried all of the above except checking the keyboard. Today in this forum and thanks to the user BBQ Nerd I was able to find the problem, in my case the Enter key that is above Shift did not work. My laptop is an Inspiron 15 3000 series.

As I did?
After identifying the problem, I proceeded to remove the keyboard and give it maintenance, I removed the key and reinserted it, I also took advantage of and deeply cleaned the keyboard with a brush and cleaner.

Thank you so much BBQ Nerd for sharing the solution you found.

1 Message

November 28th, 2021 21:00

A very much similar issue I had and fixed with the help of your post @BBQ Nerd.

Thank you so much!

1 Message

October 4th, 2022 21:00

Hi, I am facing tha same problem with my dell inspiron 3558 model for the past one week. Everytime I power on it is taking me to ePSA diagnostic boot,, I have done all possible steps. Changing Boot mode to Legacy, selecting Normal start up from msconfig and many more.. I also installed a new windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS..  I guess the problem is with my keyboard.. At sometimes when I press some keys it is displaying search window automatically.. What could be the problem...? Please help me .. ?

Thanks

1 Message

November 23rd, 2022 14:00

I had the same problem for several days and tried all of the above except checking the keyboard. Today in this forum and thanks to the user BBQ Nerd I was able to find the problem, in my case the various keyboard keys did not work. My laptop is an Inspiron 15 3000 3558 series, model.

As I did?
After identifying the problem, I proceeded to remove the keyboard and replace it with another.

No Events found!