Vostro

Last reply by 05-13-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

second drive for vostro 3500

Does the New Vostro 3500 have an extra slot for a hardrive or ssd?

Replies (6)

Hi, I added a SATA drive (a Crucial 1TB SSD) to the internal bay. (The laptop has a M.2 512GB SSD card). However, after a few hours of working perfectly suddenly the motherboard power supply trips and the only way to recover is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes (otherwise there is no sign of life from the laptop). It seems that adding a second disk is too much for the power supply. Has anyone else found this too?

Hi,

Can you please suggest which is the right model for brackets? I have searched around but there tons of different bracket out there, so the exact modem for Vostro 3500 would help.

You reply is highly appreciate.

Thanks.

Hello, we hope that your query has been addressed and wanted to check if there is any other issue we can assist you with. Do reach back to us if needed.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

Yes, subject to either reconfiguring or reinstalling Windows (if you change the mode without doing so, the result will be a no-boot).

On most newer systems, if you have both an M.2 and a 2.5" drive, the M.2 must be the boot drive.

Thank you! One more question I have is: if I disable RAID is the bios, would I still be able to use the SATA drive?

7 Thorium

It'll take one M.2 drive plus one 2.5" drive, but the 2.5" drive needs a bracket and cable that likely won't come in the system unless you order it with both drives, so plan on needing to buy those from Dell Spare Parts.

documentation here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/vostro-15-3500-laptop/docs

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions