Start a Conversation

Unsolved

CS

3 Posts

November 28th, 2022 12:00

VxRail manager factory set network port groups

This has happened to me twice this month.  When deploying new hosts, the VxRail configuration web page never becomes accessible, and we aren't able to ping 192.168.10.200.  I have the switches configured correctly and my laptop connected to a port on the switch configured as an access port on VLAN 3939.  The NVT, with the switch configs imported, shows no errors.

Just for testing, I configured a management IP on the host that has the powered-on VxRail manager VM and opened the host console.

The host has two VM network port groups configured, 'VM Network' with no VLAN tag, and 'Management VM Network' with a VLAN tag of 3939.

The VxRail manager VM has two NICs, NIC1 connected the 'VM Network' and NIC2 connected to 'Management VM Network'.  

If I swap the networks on the VxRail manager VM, connecting NIC1 to 'Management VM Network' and NIC2 to 'VM Network', I am then able to connect to the setup page.  I'm hesitant to continue the configuration after doing this; I don't know if making that change will cause issues later on.

If it matters, one is a new cluster that came with version 7.0.?? and the other is one that was RASR'd and has 4.7.?? on it.

• 

8.5K Posts

November 29th, 2022 06:00

Hi,

Thanks for your question. That does seem odd that it works when you switch the networks in the VM. I think calling phone support is the best option.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

No Events found!