Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2013 07:00

XPS 17 (L702X) - please update new drivers for windows 8.1

Hello,

I'm running Windows 8 enterprise, and I want to update to 8.1 enterprise, but I don't see DELL updating the new drivers for it. Please update as soon as possible.

Thanks

2K Posts

October 28th, 2013 02:00

Hi cunninger,

Unfortunately Dell has not tested XPS L702X under windows 8.1 operating system. Hence, no drivers will be launched for the same. You may check this information in the below link:

http://dell.to/198jmJW

However, you may download windows 8 drivers and install it in compatibility mode. To run a driver in compatibility mode you may follow the below steps:

(1)   Download the required windows 8 driver on the desktop.

(2)   Detect .exe file, right click on it and click on properties.

(3)   Click on compatibility tab.

(4)   Check “run this program in compatibility mode for” option.

(5)   Now select windows 8 from the drop down below.

(6)   Check if this helps.

If this doesn’t work for few components then you will have to contact the manufacturer of that component for windows 8.1 driver.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 28th, 2013 04:00

Dell are slow to update their drivers in particular if the model is not currently being sold.

You are best to get Windows 8.1 drivers directly from Intel and NVidia:

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

Intel HD 2000/3000 Graphics Driver

NVIDIA GeForce Driver

Intel PROSET Wireless Software 

Intel PROSet Wireless Bluetooth Software

1 Message

July 4th, 2015 18:00

Im using this synaptics touchpad driver for my xps 17 l702x -  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds037591 

ran the installer, but unticked the end page to install.

then went to device manager, opened the ps2 mouse, and update driver. select the bottom option, then untick and press have disk, browse to the extract directory, expand \Synaptics Touchpad Driver\Synaptics\17.0.6.8\WinWDF\x64 and select the top inf file.

now i get multi touch gestures in windows 8.1 :)

cheers

matt

No Events found!