Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2014 12:00

fifa 14 keyboard not working

I just purchased the Dell Inspiron 15 3542. 

The device is a decent build, with GeForce 840M and i7 4510U on the board. Its right out of the box, so I'm assuming the drivers are all up to date. Anyway, I checked for the input device drivers (read further to know how that's my first guess about what the problem is), and windows tells me they are up to date. 

Now the issue I'm facing right now is that my keyboard, which works perfectly fine during normal usage by the way, isn't functional in games. The device is running Windows 8.1 9200 build. 

I tried a couple of games, but since there's an issue with my regular high speed connection, I've only tried setups I had on me, including FIFA 14 and Torrente 3. 

The games load and then I can move the cursor around with the touchpad, but I can't click. And as for the keyboard, nothing works, except for Alt+F4 and other windows (presumably, explorer) controls. This problem is not just through the load screen, I just can't do anything at all. 

November 6th, 2014 09:00

Guys!!!
Meet the legend!!
I  have a legendary solution to this problem and i solved it!!
I bought the laptop last week! I tried and tried and tried and finally did it folks!!Here goes the solution!

Just Connect a Mouse via USB mind you "USB" and click when the flag logo displays!!

Everything will work fine!!!
All the best guys!!
Cheers!!!
:)

November 9th, 2014 11:00

thanks dude!!!!!!

it worked.......

the message was really helpful

:)

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 20th, 2014 12:00

This Game is not compatible with the windows 8 metro interface and not Dell software so its not supported here.

1 Message

October 16th, 2014 00:00

Hey there... I know it's a bit late reply.. but just to let you know...

I had the same problem with my new Dell laptop... with same config as yours...

After working around with various options.. I finally got over it...

It might work out for you.. try it..

Just go to your keyboard and mouse properties in control panel. 

And ROLLBACK your Driver to a previous version.....

Now you should be able to use your mouse and keyboard in the game..!

Peace!! 

1 Message

October 16th, 2014 02:00

If you r looking to buy fifa coins to improve your ultimate team Safest & Cheapest Fifa 14 Coins Online For Sale and fifa 15 coins hot on sale now- fifasupplier.*

1 Message

November 3rd, 2014 02:00

Rolling back of drivers is done when the driver is updated. I have bought a new Dell Inspiron 3542 (for which the driver isnt updated, since it might be up to date) and facing the same problem too. Someone please help us! :-(

2 Posts

November 5th, 2014 07:00

i also had the same problem i am using dell vostro . the solution was uninstalling all the WINDOWS updates..no need ro reinstall the game.. if possible try performing a factory restore and after that is done turn windows updates off ..dont let windows perform any update.. i m not sure which specific update caused this problem ..i removed all the windows updates and the keyboardin fifa15 started working perfectly fine

November 7th, 2014 18:00

Bro that is awesome....you NAILED IT !!!!

THANKS MAN !!

Cheers,

Karan

1 Message

November 18th, 2014 08:00

thanks brother ,,,

plugging a USB mouse , the game now works for me

1 Message

December 5th, 2014 07:00

I just purchased the Dell Inspiron 15 3542. 

The device is a decent build, with GeForce 840M and i7 4510U on the board. Its right out of the box, so I'm assuming the drivers are all up to date. Anyway, I checked for the input device drivers (read further to know how that's my first guess about what the problem is), and windows tells me they are up to date. 

Now the issue I'm facing right now is that my keyboard, which works perfectly fine during normal usage by the way, isn't functional in games. The device is running Windows 8.1 9200 build. 

I tried a couple of games, but since there's an issue with my regular high speed connection, I've only tried setups I had on me, including FIFA 14 and Torrente 3. 

The games load and then I can move the cursor around with the touchpad, but I can't click. And as for the keyboard, nothing works, except for Alt+F4 and other windows (presumably, explorer) controls. This problem is not just through the load screen, I just can't do anything at all. 
plz help

December 5th, 2014 13:00

Plug in a usb mouse before you start the game. Then start the game and enjoy !

game works.

note: donot plug in the usb mouse after game starts, plug it in before that.

cheers!

2 Posts

December 24th, 2014 05:00

ihi

i am having the same laptop and same problem...what could be the possible reason for this? none of my games are working without a usb mouse. Not even need for speed most wanted 2005..???

2 Posts

December 24th, 2014 05:00

hi

i am having the same laptop and same problem...what could be the possible reason for this? none of my games are working without a usb mouse. Not even need for speed most wanted 2005..???

June 21st, 2015 02:00

You are cool bro nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Message

June 16th, 2021 17:00

After play F1FA (keyboard only mode), my ThinkPad's Space, Enter, and Backspace not working anymore... I buy a new keyboard to replace it, working well for 2 days?!? Day 3 my ThinkPad didn't power on, try to put the old keyboard again, it power on but Space, Enter, and Backspace still not working?!?

HERE THE SOLUTION:

Enter F1FA with a USB keyboard, play the match with a ThinkPad keyboard until feeling the Space for shoot working, change keyboard-only mode to keyboard & mouse mode and the genius problem will solve!

No Events found!