Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

4 Posts

August 25th, 2022 00:00

Downgrade Windows 8 pro to Windows 7 Pro Dell Precision T1700

Hello everyone professionals!

I have PC Dell Precision T1700 with License Win 8 Pro, i want to downgrade to Win 7 pro, it's possible?If yes, which image and key me need to use to activate and what is procedure need doing for successfully?

Thanks for your answer, sorry for my mistakes in english.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

September 13th, 2022 10:00

1. I recommend against doing that. Windows 7 is unsupported and insecure. It does not receive security patches, so it should no longer be used on a PC connected to the Internet. Even Windows 8 is no longer supported. If you have 8.1, that is supported until January. 

2. I would suggest that you upgrade to Windows 10. Then you would have a currently-supported OS, and have many improvements.

3. If you decide to move to Windows 7 anyway, it would be best to perform a clean install of Windows. You can obtain drivers here:
Support for Precision T1700 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell Canada

4 Posts

September 18th, 2022 09:00

About 1 variant, this machine not use internet only special software and hardware who work only on win 7, because I ask have or not legal key from dell to install win 7 pro, have I license win 8 pro, thanks for your answer's

4 Posts

Hello, thank for your recommendation but for this need to buy new license, I looking for hove solve the broblem have license win 8 pro by downgrade.

402 Posts

Just to add to the discussion... if you have software that requires Windows 7 to run (and won't run in compatibility mode on Windows 10) you may be able to install Windows 10 on the T1700 and run the software in a Windows 7 virtual machine, using, for instance, VirtualBox. You can cut the VM off from the internet and use files and devices shared by the Windows 10 host.

4 Posts

Hello, thanks for you answer's, about 3 variant, which key I can use to install win 7 pro? It's legal move downgrade?

No Events found!