Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2016 18:00

Insert the 'Dell Support Center (Support Software)' disk

Started about a month ago - pops up over and over and over and over - about every five minutes or less.  I've got a Dell Studio XPS with Windows 7 Professional.  Another forum said to just uninstall Dell Support Center (Support Center Software) - but when I try to uninstall it - THE SAME STUPID WINDOW POPS UP ASKING ME TO INSERT THE SOFTWARE.  I tried doing a Browse and it's looking for DSC20.msi.  I haven't managed to find it yet.  I have at least found \Program Files(x86)\Dell Support Center but there's so many sub-directories...

I shouldn't have to be jumping through so many hoops just to uninstall a program.  This is driving me crazy and I haven't found an answer online yet.

• 

16.7K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 07:00

BigRedEO,

Try the steps below to resolve the issue,

Step 1Click "Start | All Programs | Dell Support Center | Dell Support Center Alerts." The Dell Support Center program window opens.
Step 2Select "User Settings" and select the "Alerts" tab.

Step 3Select "Disable" beneath Notification in the Notification Settings section. Dell Support Alerts are automatically disabled.

7 Posts

May 24th, 2016 18:00

My system upgraded itself (without my permission, thank you microsoft) to Windows 10.  I did finally figure out how to bring up the application, but under Alerts, it says "Zero Alerts" and there is no "notifications" option.

7 Posts

May 24th, 2016 18:00

I tried to post a picture here.  It did not show.  I tried to delete it.  The Dell page kept taking me through a loop asking me if I wanted to delete it.

7 Posts

May 24th, 2016 19:00

FINALLY found it!  And it is disabled.  Will wait and see!  Thank you!

No Events found!