Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2016 07:00

Wyse Device Manager 5.7(.1) won't install

My Wyse Device Manager install gives an error when i start the setup.

Error : The WyseInstall.dll could not be loaded into memory. Please restart setup.exe or call Wyse Technology Support for assistance.

Tried the installation on several machines and always the same error.

Any help would be welcome !

November 11th, 2016 06:00

I had this problem.  It turns out the download wasn't completing.  For some reason, my download kept pausing and resuming and sometimes never completing.  Download it again and try.

560 Posts

November 1st, 2016 11:00

WDM 5.7.1 is an update to 5.7. You need to install WDM 5.7 before installing 5.7.1

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 01:00

Hi RMONTALVO,

thank you for your reply.
When I try to install 5.7 on my Windows 2012 R2 server (brand new vm) I can't start the installation a well.

I get a Windows popup :  This app can't run on your pc. To find a version for your pc, check with the developer.

Kind regards

560 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 12:00

Please review the WDM 5.7 Installation Guide to review the pre-requisites. Windows 2012 R2 Standard and Enterprise are supported.

• To run the WDM Installer (Setup.exe), you must log in to the system as an Administrator.

• You cannot install WDM on servers running other services such as the DNS, or DHCP, AD Domain Services or other services that conflict with the WDM functionality and resources.

• When you are installing the WDM database in a standalone or a distributed setup, and want to use an existing SQL database, make sure that it is a full version of SQL Server and not SQL Server Express.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2016 04:00

Hi CDAVISCONTECH,

I had the same issues when downloading although in the end it completed but the installation failed.

A new  download today went smoothe and the install  worked aswell!

Thank you for your help!

3 Posts

February 28th, 2018 13:00

So what are the plans to support Server 2016 since Server 2012 is going to be end of life soon.  We're updating all our Server 2012 machines to Server 2016 but I need to get WDM installed and running on 2016.  I can change the compatibility to Windows 8 and the installer runs but the install of the packaged SQL Express 2014 fails.  Is there a way to install this software on Server 2016?

1 Message

November 6th, 2019 13:00

Try to install a newer version of SQL Express ahead of time, then WDM.  Theorectically, it should skip SQL install if it is already installed.   I'm trying the same.  

No Events found!