Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 11th, 2018 11:00

Dell wyse thin client 5060 usb imaging tool v3.0

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGi am trying to use the dell wyse usb imaging tool version 3.0 which if im not mistaken is the newest version. when i plug my usb device into the machine i am able to see the usb in device manager, file explorer and disk managment. i have formatted it multiple time to nfts, the drive shows available when i hit the usb drives button on the bottom of the imaging tool on the left hand side, but when i select the drop down box to select the drive it not showing a usb drive. i have wiped the disk off the usb drive, created new partitions, deleted them , created new volumes, changed disk assignment letters, still not showing in the drop down for me to select on the imaging tool.

2 Posts

April 11th, 2018 13:00

I need to set up the usb as a pull image and if I cant select the usb drive in the drop down it will not allow to configure it for the pull.

1 Message

April 11th, 2018 13:00

Explore to the root of your USB key and navigate to the image directory.  Do the contents match up with the image you originally selected?  If not, copy over the additional files and try again.

I was able to image a 5060 yesterday using the 3.0.0 version of the tool with a FAT32 key.  Boot mode must be set to "Both", USB Boot set to Enabled.  It may be necessary to disable secure boot to do this.

August 27th, 2018 04:00

Hi,

I have the same problem.

how did you solve it ?

Regards.

Emmanuel

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

September 5th, 2018 09:00

A bit of an old post so I am not sure if you resolved it yet.

I have seen this sometimes and the resolution is to change the drive letter of the USB drive to A: or B:

In addition USB tool 3.1 is now the current release.

http://downloads.dell.com/wyse/USBFT/3.1.0/

2 Posts

December 20th, 2018 06:00

Version 3.8.3, can not seem to find a way around error "Configuration file is not available. Image push operation cannot be performed" Tried changing the drive letter to B without success. Image clone option does not display the + to add files in either Local or Network tab. Runnning it as an admin.

2 Posts

December 20th, 2018 07:00

It turns out our Antivirus was causing these issues.

3 Apprentice

• 

704 Posts

March 21st, 2019 09:00

What have you tried from the solutions suggested above in the thread?

March 21st, 2019 09:00

I was wondering if this ever had a solution, running into the same problem on a Wyse 5070 W10IoT client.

March 25th, 2019 14:00

So far I have tried the 3.1.0 version, changing drive letters, and different formatting for the USB in NTFS or exFAT (64GB since the drives are 32GB on the newer W10 thin clients). Also no antivirus to get in the way.

1 Message

March 27th, 2019 04:00

Hi, I am having the same issue with the imaging tool detecting the usb device. I've tried multiple usb pens from an array of vendors and in different sizes formatted exfat, fat32 etc but the imaging tool is not showing any of them as available drives.

merlin version 3.8.3

wyse terminal 5070

Dell Wyse USB Imaging Tool 3.1.0.0

2 Posts

April 5th, 2019 09:00

Any update on this? I am having the same issue as Cerdinal with same versions. Same results on both Wyse 5060 and 5070. Using a Kingston Data Travller 3.0 64GB, which is supposedly a Dell verified USB for compatibility.

It's weird that when I plug in 2 USB's, the first page will change to recognize and pluralize Drives, yet it will not populate them to let me select it. Already tried everything I've found on the internet about this.

2 Posts

April 10th, 2019 12:00

From the Imaging Tool User Guide: Note: If you are installing USB Imaging tool version 3.1.0 on a thin client device, ensure that you disable the File-Based Write Filter (FBWF) on the device. From Dell Tech Support: The USB drive must be setup for a pull operation using the Imaging Tool on a desktop. It will only become available as a selection on the Thin Client once it is preconfigured for the device. If the Imaging Tool cannot be used on the Thin Client to configure the USB for a pull operation, then perhaps SPECIFY that in the manual, instead of leading on about requirements for installing the software on the thin client, and listing it as compatible. Typical Dell.

April 23rd, 2019 12:00

From what I have found out this only works on Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 7 ultimate/Enterprise? Haven't been able to confirm this but seems weird. If anyone has any ideas as to how that works I wouldn't mind knowing. Thanks.

1 Message

January 19th, 2021 05:00

You really have to change the USB's drive letter to A: or B:.
It is the only modification that made it work for me. 
Good luck!

1 Message

March 2nd, 2021 06:00

I can confirm, it works. I changed drive letter from F: (in my case) to B: and I was able to flash ThinOS to pen drive. I used imaging tool 3.1.0 on Windows 10 Home on my laptop.

No Events found!