Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 6th, 2015 08:00

DST issue on R90LE

Unhappy DST issue on R90LE

We are seeing issues with the Wyse R90LE thin clients when they attempt to adjust for DST. They set the clock back an hour like they should, but then continue to set the clock back an hour after every reboot until you manually go in and set the time with the write filter off.

To try and counter this issue we disabled the DST adjustment on the thin clients during the last year. However, I am getting reports that even though the DST adjustment is unchecked (off), many of the machines are still trying to adjust for DST. Has anyone ever heard of this occurring? And if so, are you aware of what can be done to correct?

This presents a huge problem every time change as we have about 4,000 of these units deployed throughout the country at hundreds of variolus locations. This makes running around to correct this issue very time consuming.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

T

1 Message

July 6th, 2015 09:00

Is anyone aware about this issue? I am also facing a similar issue with my PC. Recently I have added Winterm 9150SE with my PC and from there all issues started. I am having very slow connection now and having very hard time to access internet. Any suggestions.

1 Message

July 6th, 2015 09:00

DST issue on R90LE

I am seeing the same issue on X90L/LE laptops. I have also seen this go both ways for the DST update. Have you heard of a fix for this?

1 Message

November 6th, 2016 22:00

I have also started facing the same issue when I added Winterm 9150SE with my PC. Please help

<ADMIN NOTE: Signature removed as per TOU>

560 Posts

November 7th, 2016 09:00

More than likely this is caused because after the energy crisis was over in 1976, the DST schedule in the US was revised several times throughout the years. From 1987 to 2006, the country observed DST for about seven months each year. The current schedule was introduced in 2007 and follows the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which extended the period by about one month. Today, DST starts on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November.

The 9150SE was EOL'd in 2007 so the changes to the new DST may have not been included before the end of life of the product.

No Events found!