Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 05:00

Winterm S90 won't boot or recognize USB drive

Winterm S90 won't boot or recognize USB drive

I recently acquired a old Winterm S90 that I want to experiment with. The specifics are:

Wyse Model: SX0
Product id: Winterm S90
Product #902099-05
Manufactured September 2006

I've been trying to boot the S90 (which does say Windows XP embedded) without luck. It will seem to reach out to the DHCP server and is offered an ip address (according to the OS X Snow Leopard Server server log) but it does not seem to accept it. If the terminal does get to the log in screen it just hangs there. I've tried the Administrator/Administrator default with no luck.

I've also tried to build a USB key using the USB Firmware Tool 1.16.0.6 and firmware file 9S92_S607_512 but in no case does pressing P during the boot sequence cause the system to boot from the USB. I have tried renaming the 92 part of the filename to 90, setting up with or without BIOS/CMOS included, leaving the partition intact, etc. No difference.

I am at a loss for what to try next. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tim

5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim66 View Post

I've been trying to boot the S90...

... but in no case does pressing P during the boot sequence cause the system to boot from the USB. I have tried renaming the 92 part of the filename to 90, setting up with or without BIOS/CMOS included

Tim

Not sure if I understand correctly, but... Did you check the BIOS is setup to boot first from USB? 
If not done yet, try pressing the Delete key while booting (you might need to press the delete key _before_ you plug in the power) so you can access the BIOS screen. You might need a password to change the BIOS config, and the default one is Fireport.
Good luck!

623 Posts

The S90 does not support the USB firmware tool. You will neeed to use the Wyse Simple Imager toola available at www.wyse.com/downloads under the RETIRED section. Make sure you read the documentation and follow the instructions, as both the S90 and WSI are obsoleted products and no longer supported. The information that is available with WSI was the last one tested.
Good luck.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

October 26th, 2017 04:00

Hi Roger,

same issues for me...I tried also to look for the Wyse Simple Imager but I cannot find a "RETIRED" section.

Could you please provide me the URL where I can download the needed sw/version?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day!

Best,

Giandomenico

560 Posts

October 26th, 2017 09:00

Here it is on the Downloads landing page. Select the S90 from the drop down menu on the right.

No Events found!