XPS Desktops

Last reply by 05-17-2021 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Keyboard and mouse not eorking

My keyboard is not being detected and I can’t get past the log in screen.  Mouse is not working either..  what is the solution?

Replies (8)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

@monkeyboy59 

What login screen do you mean Windows? Turn off the system plug the keyboard and mouse in the USB 2.0 ports if you have a XPS 8930 the USB 2.0 is the ones by the Ethernet Jack.

@monkeyboy59  Can you provide a little more information.  We need to know what Dell XPS PC you have and what keyboard and mouse - are they wired or wireless, manufacturer, etc.

@monkeyboy59  - Are they Bluetooth?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

Thanks for your help.   I was able to access an onscreen keyboard to get past the windows login page.  From there, I was able to get the USB ports to detect the keyboard and mouse.  I'm sure this will come up again...  Thanks Windows...

No.  Got it fixed.   Thanks for your response

Thanks for your response.  Thankfully I was able to access an onscreen keyboard to get past the windows login page.  From there, I was able to get the USB ports to detect the keyboard and mouse.  I'm sure this will come up again...  Thanks Windows...

Glad you got it fixed, but something isn't right if the keyboard/mouse aren't detected immediately when you boot the PC.

Was this happening when you tried to wake the PC from sleep, or at boot?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

Pretty sure it was on rebooting after an auto-update.  occasionally, the keyboard will go on and off while I'm working...  I try different USB ports until it starts working again...  It's strange

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor