Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 3rd, 2022 18:00

XPS 8940, doesn't see WiFi?

Hello,

I have a very weird issue. My internal WiFi adapter started to work weird a while back (sometimes it didn't see a network). So I switched to external Netgear USBr adapter which I used for a few month without issue. This morning both of them didn't see any network ( I tried multiple tricks (like automatic network fix), but only updating Netgear driver magically fixed both adapters (after desktop restart).

After I restarted my desktop in the evening, the issue re-appear again. Both of them are completely "green" (see screenshot bellow), yet no networks found. (WiFi works fine on my laptops and phone).

I tried to disable Norton 360, but it didn't help.

Dell.jpg

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 3rd, 2022 19:00

Really better if you have just one WiFi card/adapter active/installed at a time. Un-plug or deactivate the other (either in Device-Manager or BIOS).

Similarly, if using the wired-ethernet on-board NIC, be sure you are disconnected from the WiFi-Access-Point.

If you never use WiFi "forget" the network (and stored password). That way, it will never inadvertently connect.

3 Posts

I run Dell Support Assist (the option to fix adapter) and everything (both adapters) is magically working again. Go figure.

Dell3.jpeg

3 Posts

Forgot to mention - it is Windows 10 Home

No Events found!