XPS Desktops

Last reply by 08-28-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 8950, GTX 1660 Ti, two E2222H

XPS 8950

My PC has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti video card in it.  This card has 3 ports:  DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI

I tried connecting the DisplayPort to one monitor and the HDMI to the other monitor.  The DisplayPort works.  The HDMI does not.  Windows says it does not detect a second monitor.  I also tried connecting the 2nd monitor to the DisplayPort on the motherboard.  This also does not work. 

If I connect the 2nd monitor to the DisplayPort on the GTX 1660 video card it works so it is not the monitor.  Both monitors are the same: Dell E2222H.

What am I doing wrong?

Fred

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
4 Tellurium

Hello @MagnaFred , I think the issue is with the cable you used.  To connect from HDMI (computer) to Displayport (monitor), you will need an active converter cable such of this one.

HDMI to Displayport converter cable.jpg

View solution in original post

Replies (29)
3 Zinc

Try setting up your monitors using the nVidia Control Panel. Right click on the screen of the monitor that is working to open the Control Panel. Make your you have the latest drivers.

(click photo to embiggen)

ProfessorW00d_0-1660623370427.png

4 Tellurium

Hello @MagnaFred , I think the issue is with the cable you used.  To connect from HDMI (computer) to Displayport (monitor), you will need an active converter cable such of this one.

HDMI to Displayport converter cable.jpg

Try enable multi-display in 8950 bios, save changes, exit bios, then connect one monitor to video card DP port, second monitor to DP port on motherboard.

VIDEO
  Multi-Display Enable or disable multiple displays.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Most modern Dell monitors have a DP in & DP out.

I use 4 displays with my laptop that can only handle 3.

1.The laptop - 2. monitor in HDMI slot then the laptop DP to monitor 3 in  and DP from monitor 3 out to DP monitor 4 in..

It’s called daisy chaining monitors and works for most modern ones

It says its the latest driver.  It only shows one monitor.  If I click on the "My display is not shown" nothing changes even if I click on the "Rigorous Display Detection"

The 8950 bios does not have a Multi-Display option to enable.

Do both monitors show up in Device Manager under Display Adapters?

My monitors only have 1 DP and 1 VGA.

Community Manager

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> #1 E2222H DP in port

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti HDMI out port --> HDMI to VGA cable --> #2 E2222H VGA in port

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Locate your Service Tag or Serial Number

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor